Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reload times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinckney View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2HUcfAyaaQ

Something like those may be an option, but having them limited would be a good idea.
    Those that are shown there Pinckney are certainly almost exactly like what they would have had at the time, though with a few changes to the material!
    However, it is still not good for trying to load in the battlefield, and it would still take too long and lead to chain fires if you didn't also bring along the bore butter to put on top, which during the period was oftentimes pig fat.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Officers were equipped with Revolvers..
    And partisan rangers?

Welcome to the forums Lazanis!
    Yes, partisan rangers would have it, as well as other cavalrymen, some artillerymen, officers, and sergeants of all branches who wished to carry it.

Very good point! The revolvers of the time did take a rather long reload which will turn many players off about playing officer. However this is the beauty of this being a game so I'm confident they will find a great balance for this. Also, we don't really know much about weapon specifics yet so it all is still in the open.

USA Lieutenant General

I am glad to hear that you will not be able to reload your revolver. I do not want to deal with Pistoleros in WoR.

USA Major

I still don't see why you can't reload just because it takes too long. What if during a lull in the fighting while your men were recovering stamina and scavenging for ammo? I also saw in another post the brilliant Idea to reload one chamber at a time, for example if you shot 4 shots and you got a little bit of time later one, you could reload like 2 shots before moving on.
    "I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Major General John Sedgwick: His last words.

I take this thread to make a question
    Is it posible to reload your rifle while you are kneel down?
    You know, two files shooting at the same time
    Join the 10th Louisiana company G, Orleans Rangers
    The Spanish speakers company
    Con un par

USA Sergeant

First of all. Files are counted from right to left... So what you mean is properly the two RANKS.

The drill books are clear that both ranks shoot standing. The rear rank man shooting true the right interval. (most of the time.*)
    So the devs need to find some way for this to be practical in the game.

Having the first rank kneel make no sense since its lower their rate of fire without making the "target" the unit makes smaller.
    So there is no proper way to do this in the drill book, with the exception of what is described in the regard to how to form square.

So it is both ranks standing or both ranks kneeling...

* Exactly how "left oblique" is done can be debated, but is sort of offtopic)
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

CSA Brigadier General

There will be times when you need to kneel fire tho from cover especially behind a wall even back then it would have been done. Also skirmishing will be kneel fire so I don't think it can be taken out the game. I know they all stood to fire in line when in the open.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    sergeants of all branches who wished to carry it.
    Sergeants in the infantry was not issued revolvers. An infantry regiment was not issued any revolvers.
    And for much of the war the production of revolvers could not keep up with the numbers needed for issuing to the men who should have one.
    (cavalry and a few sergeant in the artillery... for shooting horses)

So enlisted men in the infantry carrying a revolvers was in no way common, and really something you should not allow...

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    There will be times when you need to kneel fire tho from cover especially behind a wall even back then it would have been done. Also skirmishing will be kneel fire so I don't think it can be taken out the game. I know they all stood to fire in line when in the open.
    Iam in no way suggestin that its taken out... My point is that both standing or both kneeling makes much more sense than front kneeling and rear standing. (unless in square) and the gamemechanics need to support this... so its easy to do without you shooting the man in front of you.
    Last edited by thomas aagaard; 03-08-2016 at 10:57 PM.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard