Thread: Tickets

Tickets

Been playing for a couple of days, and I hear everyone talking about tickets, which I believe equates to losses. I've heard if you get killed while crouching, you death costs more tickets than if you were standing. Killed while skirmishing costs more tickets then in formation. Etc. Is this detailed somewhere? Maybe a chart that desribes how it works. I tried searching for it in the forums and haven't been able to find it. In some battles you get yelled at for crouching, and in others they yell at you to crouch to reload. Just trying to avoid picking the fly poop out the pepper situations.

Thanks,

Steve Ford

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    It depends upon your surroundings and the probability of being shot.

If you have solid impenetrable cover such as a stone wall or a large boulder, you should crouch.

If you do not have cover and are likely to be killed at any second, you should stand and be In Formation.

Sadly, you will encounter many newbies in the game who mistakenly believe the rule is to "always stand," no matter what. Ignore those people.
    Just to add- wood fences are not solid cover- you can and will be shot through the gaps. Split rail fences are better, but you should default to standing behind them, unless circumstances dictate otherwise.

Best,
    Dman979

That's what I thought, but is there an explanation anywhere of the ticket system?

Thanks,

Steve

USA Captain

Each side has hidden number of tickets. Attackers have more than defenders.
    If you die while IN FORMATION you lose one ticket for your side.
    If you die while SKIRMISHING you lose three tickets for your side.
    If you die while OUT OF LINE you lose five tickets for your side.

Kneeling automatically takes you from IN FORMATION to SKIRMISHING.

Thanks for the reply. That's more of what I was looking for. Where do the game designers list that kind of information at?

Steve

CSA Major

It isn't really listed anywhere other than a sticky on the Steam forum. There are several mechanics fundamental to the game that would be useful to have explained for newer players, I believe there are a series of YouTube videos on the way.

USA Captain

There was a new players guide the community made.....

Not sure where it disappeared to...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFord View Post
    Been playing for a couple of days, and I hear everyone talking about tickets, which I believe equates to losses. I've heard if you get killed while crouching, you death costs more tickets than if you were standing. Killed while skirmishing costs more tickets then in formation. Etc. Is this detailed somewhere? Maybe a chart that desribes how it works. I tried searching for it in the forums and haven't been able to find it. In some battles you get yelled at for crouching, and in others they yell at you to crouch to reload. Just trying to avoid picking the fly poop out the pepper situations. idle mining empire

Thanks,

Steve Ford
    Thanks for your sharing. It's nice to meet you here