Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unit Commanders Round Table Meeting

USA Captain

Someone from the 51st NY will try to attend but 4:30 PM EST is rather early.

The Colonel of the German Volunteers will attempt to make an appearance for the companies in it. If he cannot, I will be there to represent atleast the 52nd.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

Major Stockton, thank you for your personal invitation over a month ago. This has grown into quite the round table as commanders on both sides have come together to come or send their subordinates to the meeting. Shows forward thinking and initiative, salute to you sir. I of course shall be attending representing my 6th Louisiana Tigers Company A, and the glorious Ewell's Division. I wish to bring my right hand man Lieutenant Madden if that is prudent and advantageous to you sir. I hope that all that attend this meeting keep an open mind and are willing to come to terms as far as organized line battles and the way to conduct themselves during these battles. This game has great potential and the community is very friendly and cooperative with one another for the most part. I can only hope the devs will be present and will take to heart some of the ideas that we will all put forward. I also hope that all parties present shall conduct themselves as gentlemen.
    Last edited by PAIOLETTI; 07-02-2017 at 06:29 AM.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

ATTENTION

The Teamspeak IP is -------------------------

Begin getting on at 4 Est. We will have people waiting to direct you to the correct room.

Please DO NOT join the Ts before the meeting begins.
    Last edited by J.Stockton; 07-03-2017 at 04:49 AM.
    Join Today
    Click Above

Howdy, Major Stockton,

Would you be able to debrief the rest of the community on how the meeting went? Thank you very much!

-C.C

CSA Captain

The meeting was a big success, with community leaders from both sides of the war agreeing on several key points. I'm at work so I'll make this shorter than it should be, but feel free to add me on steam for more information. Things we went over:

1. General rules for skirmish events and linebattles
    2. The starting foundations of organization for these events, which will be held on Saturday and Sunday, times pending (Because I'm at work and my ADHD is keeping me from remembering the times we worked out,)
    3. Several key points and issues were addressed, such as agreeing that Youtubers and other people able to market should be encouraged to participate in these events, agreeing that public players not signed with any unit should be encouraged to join the events, and what should happen if more players than we can handle on one server happen to sign up or show up to an event.
    4. Finally, there's a consensus that a second round table should be held at some point to address a few points we were unable to attend to because of time constraints. This first meeting was almost two hours long!

USA General of the Army

Organized Skirmishes
    Saturdays EU 3pm EST - NA 8pm EST

Organized Line Battles
    Sundays EU 3pm EST - NA 8pm EST

Personally, I believe a Round Table meeting should be held Monthly or every other Month
    Last edited by John Cooley; 07-03-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Captain

Thanks for providing the EU times, Cooley. I couldn't think at work!

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Organized Skirmishes
    Saturdays EU 3pm EST - NA 8pm EST

Organized Line Battles
    Sundays EU 3pm EST - NA 8pm EST

Personally, I believe a Round Table meeting should be held Monthly or every other Month
    Hi Cooley.
    Is this an EU event at 3PM EST and another later in the evening at 8PM EST or a single event at 3PM (in which case your times are muddled).

USA General of the Army

8p is North America
    let me write it better ... thanks for the insight

Organized Skirmishes
    Saturdays
    (EU) 3pm EST
    (NA) 8pm EST

Organized Line Battles

Sundays
    (EU) 3pm EST
    (NA) 8pm EST

NOTE:
    - I put all times Eastern, since that seems to be WoR base. Convert as you need.
    - There are 2 events each day ... one at 3pm the other at 8 pm to accommodate different time zones.
    - They called them EU and NA but really it is set up for anyone to attend any of them ... or all if you wish.
    Hope that clears it up
    Last edited by John Cooley; 07-03-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.