Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Unit Question

USA General of the Army

A Unit Question

I understand that it has been stated that for Historical Accuracy the names of companies that can be created is limited but ...
    - Will other unit designations become available in future campaigns?
    Will they be restricted to a certain set as well?
    As an example, I wanted to form a historical Arkansas Cav unit but am unable to make anything except Infantry.
    - If a unit was not involved in a future campaign will they A) be forced to sit out that campaign
    B) be renamed to a unit that WAS involved OR C) be allowed to bend the accuracy rule?
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

We will just support Maryland Campaign units for the next time.
    Its not planned to add any others, before we add any other campaign into the game, since you are just able to play with these ingame.

The company tool will be linked directly ingame one day, so it wouldn't be authentic to play as a unit, which wasn't active in the Maryland Campaign

USA General of the Army

Was my fear
    Thank you for the swift reply
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Well you shouldn't be feared. Its an authentic and realistic system

Its easier to organize stuff that way and we are able to "unlock" new units with the war continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    We will just support Maryland Campaign units for the next time.
    Its not planned to add any others, before we add any other campaign into the game, since you are just able to play with these ingame.

The company tool will be linked directly ingame one day, so it wouldn't be authentic to play as a unit, which wasn't active in the Maryland Campaign

It would be great if yall added the Tennessee campaign

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Johnston View Post
    It would be great if yall added the Tennessee campaign
    In this same line of thinking, being from Maryland, its very exciting to have a game that takes part in an area in which you were born, raised, and have lived your whole life. Would it be possible for someone from CFG to discuss what went into the decision making and desire to portray this particular campaign of the American Civil War? It's awesome to know that people so far away have such ambition to take on this type of task. I'm curious what made the Maryland campaign the focus of your time and effort?
    Civil War Ancestors:

I know that this is out of topic, but it would be nice to have (in far future) a "christmas special" with Fredericksburg :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crabesquash View Post
    I know that this is out of topic, but it would be nice to have (in far future) a "christmas special" with Fredericksburg :P
    Well, Fredericksburg as a "christmas special" would be very hard to archive.

Just the historical research and recreating the map in 1:1 (plus the work on the units) would take 2 years of development I am afraid.
    Adding all the new units, creating uniforms, animations, new effects for the envirenment..

Fredericksburg would be an entire new campaign (for War of Rights 2 or as an DLC for example), you can't make a new battlefield as a small "christmas special"
    Battlefields like Fredericksburg deserve more attention and details, which would take several years.
    Last edited by Hinkel; 06-27-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Just to clear up some of what Hinkel is saying: We have no intention of creating a WoR 2. Not now, nor most likely ever. We wish to keep working on WoR and expanding it as long as we have the support to do so.

- Trusty

A year or so after WoR's full release, nobody would be opposed to "mini" DLC. Something lower quality, but still good. Reuse models, textures, as much as would help, smaller less detailed and less historical maps, I'd gladly take all of that for more official content. Even just creating specific maps/events, so only Marye's heights for FB, the union left flank at GB, Henry Hill at Bull Run. These could all be extremel small in comparison to the current map, yet still fun.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png