Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morale/Terror/Sanity/That "!" Meter from RO2

Morale/Terror/Sanity/That "!" Meter from RO2

As obvious by the title, I think the morale meter from Red Orchestra 2 would be a great feature. I highly doubt, for example, you wouldn't blink an eye at 20 men in your company suddenly falling. Flanks could actually mean more than just the enemy having to turn around, cavalry charges become more viable, and it would help for realism and also encourage tactical thinking while not affecting the game much.

Not to mention the morale loss when your officer is hit; no more commanding from the grave, at least without penalty!
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Major

That is a great idea!

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    cavalry charges become more viable, and it would help for realism
    I'm not being aggressive towards you individually but why does everyone wanna boost cav so much? If anything using the RO system the more people close to each other the stronger which means the one or so lazy armchair pony rambos charging the glorious war winning infantryman would be majorly screwed.

I'm all for the RO system but I think in general if you lose many members of your group the individual player without being guided will think "oh shit, this is bad"
    I'd love to see like RO where having a more experienced player among you gives boosts.

I'm not much for cav myself, however it would make frontal charges, while dangerous, at least somewhat rewarding and not completely a last resort.

I also wouldn't want it being a major impact on morale; just something to give cavalry the "umph" it needs.

CSA Major

Having been a re-enactor and historian for 30 years, I can tell you that the infantry was well versed in dealing with cavalry and may not have had the negative reaction to cavalry's appearance to their front or flank that you might think. The commands "Fix bayonets! Guard against cavalry! Guard!" puts the infantryman in a braced stance that finds the very sharp point of his bayonet at the chest level of the cavalrymen. A solid wall of this is not something that most cavalry want to go charging into. Cavalry charged very little into infantry with a few more notable exceptions. Often, when facing infantry, cavalrymen dismounted and fought as infantry.

CSA Captain

I haven't played RO2, so maybe someone can explain this for me: What happens when your ! meter runs out? Does your character randomly start running in the opposite direction? Do they throw down their weapon and hide? Something like that?

The player will stay in control, though you'll have a very grayed out screen, hearing is also harder and muffled, and I'm pretty sure you get accuracy debuffs too. It regenerates fairly quickly as long as nobody around you is getting shot or shot at.

Also, I highly suggest you try out Red Orchestra 2. It is well worth the $20. It's also the most realistic game I know, but not in a bad way.

It also brings you into the experience way too hard (in a good way ;~;)

Last edited by David Dire; 04-26-2016 at 08:29 PM.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

That'd actually be a good way of doing it (like Rising storm' Banzai system).

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by R21 View Post
    That'd actually be a good way of doing it (like Rising storm' Banzai system).

I love RO2/RS
    Honor Level 100
    All weapons except Nambu pistol are maxed out.

Last edited by Cube210; 04-27-2016 at 04:17 AM.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    I haven't played RO2, so maybe someone can explain this for me: What happens when your ! meter runs out? Does your character randomly start running in the opposite direction? Do they throw down their weapon and hide? Something like that?
    that would be awesome no, your screen greys out and becomes blurred + your weapon shakes a lot makes it nearly impossible to aim. This happens when you are under fire and when artillery is dropped on you
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth