Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EU Skirmish Battle

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    From what I saw last night we 'Confederates' did a splendid job at organising our 'chaotic' selves.... we won 2 out of the 3 maps played.

The organising units being Union Companies '42ndPA, 69thNY and 2ndUSSS'.
    1 for 1. The maps played by those units signed up, which the 1stNC, Co. C are not, were West Woods (A very close fought Rebel victory) and Dunkers Church (Union victory).

Please either accept the choice of the organising or don't come along.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    1 for 1. The maps played by those units signed up, which the 1stNC, Co. C are not, were West Woods (A very close fought Rebel victory) and Dunkers Church (Union victory).
    West Woods, not bad for a 'rabble' of random players. Dunkers Church where its vital the Confederates hold the Fence line, the Fences where they cant kneel to cover themselves!?!

Please either accept the choice of the organising or don't come along.
    Nice, Union rules or the highway..... wow its like history repeating itself.
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 07-09-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    History, (and apparently game rules,) are written by the victors!

bananadance.jpg

I suppose (caveat, because I have not been in game for quite some time due to an antique computer,) taking Trusty's words at capital value, "the fences work as they should". So with that said, I fail to see the issue with the rules commenting no kneeling behind them. (Not needed in the rules in MHO.)

So I propose a test to verify the veracity of Campfire Games comments above.
    The test is this: take two guys, go to a fence in question and place one guy on either side of the fence. Have one kneel behind the fence, and then at a fair distance to be sure of accuracy of the shot, say 50 feet or so, have the other shoot him. If it doesn't work at 50 feet, move to 40, etc., until the player kneeling behind the fence dies.

Have a third guy there to capture the event on recording. Post results accordingly.

Hello
    is this Event going to take place tonight ?
    Greetings

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by OppaiLover View Post
    Hello
    is this Event going to take place tonight ?
    Greetings
    It is yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    It is yes!
    Thank you for the quick answer ill be there !
    Is there going to be some kind of drill camp too ?
    I am new to the game and would like to learn the basics before engaging in battle.

USA General of the Army

Another great event. Maps for today were Burnside's Bridge and Hooker's Push. Results were a 2 - 0 Confederate vicotry with an easy win on Burnside and a close fought battle at Hooker's Push.

Sadly, I just had the time to record some footage on the first map. Bit upset that there weren't not fully 64 on the server, so the footage is not that epic

Would it be possible to get more guys on for the next event? Would like to record some 2 rank line footage, if possible
    Would like to record a 2-3 minute trailer.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Sadly, I just had the time to record some footage on the first map. Bit upset that there weren't not fully 64 on the server, so the footage is not that epic

Would it be possible to get more guys on for the next event? Would like to record some 2 rank line footage, if possible
    A more effektive and direct annoucement, about the events might be a good idea. Forum, facebook etc. I think to many miss it because they dont know.
    But it was a less impressive skimish event. The last map kinda made people leave, the distance from spawn to the fight is to far.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    As suggested by Regulator a big push for awareness of the event times for both the EU and NA sides might help push up numbers greatly. I would like to make the point though that neither the 69thNY nor 2ndUSSS where able to come which cut numbers dramatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    But it was a less impressive skimish event. The last map kinda made people leave, the distance from spawn to the fight is to far.
    Burnside was a slug fest not suited for even teams and I think I'm the future we will Ben looking to cycle it. The amount of people that abandoned ship that Kooker's Push did really suprise me a lot and it really cut the legs out from under the event. It's a perfectly enjoyable map if played right.