Thread: Anyone ever figure this out?

CSA Captain

Anyone ever figure this out?

The whole not being able to start my game up since I bought it a month ago. It will say running for 2 seconds and then nothing happens and yes I have made exceptions in my antivirus software and my firewall and have even went to extremes and turned my firewall off and tried it. Please help as i would like to play this game.
    My specs are: Gtx960, i5 4690k, 8bs ram, windows 7

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Try to verify your cache in Steam if you haven't done so already. If you need help with that, refer to this article: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

If verifying your cache doesn't get your game to start normally, reinstall it and try again. To uninstall WoR, right click on it in your library and select "Uninstall..." Next navigate to your War of Rights directory which should be found in C:\Programs (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common. Manually delete any files remaining found in your War of Rights folder, then install it again like you normally would.

Once you've tried these steps or if you've already tried them and it still doesn't launch, you can try to upload your error log so the developers can determine what's causing the crash. To do that follow this link: https://warofrights.com/ErrorReporter
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

CSA Captain

actually i finally figured it out after a month, if youre having launching issues, i deleted an app extension called "dbghelp.dll" and it started up fine!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garruk View Post
    actually i finally figured it out after a month, if youre having launching issues, i deleted an app extension called "dbghelp.dll" and it started up fine!
    How did you come to the determination that it was this DLL?

CSA Captain

well it wouldnt launch at all, so i went to the WarofRights application file inside the directory, right clicked on it and went to compatability mode. i set it to windows 7 and ticked the box at the bottom that said "run as administrator". After this when i tried to launch my game is would say something about an entry point for minidumpwritedump couldnt be located in the "dbghelp.dll file or something similiar and so i went looking around about people having issues with the that particular file and someone said that their GTA V wouldnt launch and they deleted the file and it started up. So i deleted the file and it started right up for me. Im sorry if im not clear enough, its been about 2 days since ive done it.