Thread: Civil war memories/accounts/reports etc thread

Civil war memories/accounts/reports etc thread

A place to share period interpretations of the time, E.G. A.P. Hill's future troll-hole.

To start, I wish to learn as of now as much about J.E.B. Staurt as I can. I've red up on him a fair bit, however any any sources or links that could be provided, as well as any reccomendations of books, museums, locations or other stuff of the sort would br greatly appreciated.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Colonel

i dont know much on Jeb Stuart but i know that South Caroliniana Library has a couple digital books written by soldiers of the time. I know there's a memoir of Colonel James R. Hagood, one of the youngest confederate colonels, which was published either right before or after his death in 1870 from a train wreck. There's histories on Company C, Palmetto Sharpshooters, Company K, 23rd SC Infantry, and the 19th SC Cavalry Battalion. Also papers from Colonel William Drayton Rutherford of the 3rd SC Infantry and Lieut Col Benjamin Franklin Eshleman of the Washington Artillery Battalion. A couple other cool things relating to the civil war too.
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

USA Brigadier General

Jeff Davis was in Charlotte when Lincoln was shot, there's a plaque where he was standing when he got the news and other stuff about his and the Confederate Government's stay here.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign