Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Blood and Gore

Quote Originally Posted by [RG]Chewie View Post
    It would be amazing if you could leave some wounded players on the map after that player has "Died". What i mean by that is instead of replacing the dead player with a body, you continually animate that unit even after the player has respawned. You could have the "spent" units writhing around, moaning, calling out to a advancing or retreating line of friendly infantry or even walking/crawling to the rear. I'm not in any means a game developer and i don't know what kind of stress this would put on the server but if you could do something like this you could reach a level of brutal realism never seen before in an online simulation.
    Your idea sounds pretty neat. As you already remarked, you are not sure if the server with a lot of players can handle all the animations from the 'dead' bodies. Maybe make something like 1/3 of the bodies do animations ? Or an option in the menu's where you can switch it on and off ? I think Mount and Blade has something like that.
    - Smissen

It would be awesome to make the game look much like a real Civil War battle. Like someone suggest, blood splattering when someone is hit. Bullet holes with a detailed injury around it. If you get shot with a cannon ball/gun, you have a chance of losing a limb. Bleeding out from being shot. Limping because you were shot in the leg. Having the wind knocked out of you because a cannon ball hit somewhere near you. Up-close combat with stabbing injuries.

And, a realistic physics engine. Not just normal ragdolls. Look at GTA IV/ GTA V with Euphoria engine.
    Well, I'm not saying to implement Euphoria, because that would cost a lot of money.
    But something like that.

If you could implement these features, this would truly be one of the most realistic simulation games.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby12600 View Post
    It would be awesome to make the game look much like a real Civil War battle. Like someone suggest, blood splattering when someone is hit. Bullet holes with a detailed injury around it. If you get shot with a cannon ball/gun, you have a chance of losing a limb. Bleeding out from being shot. Limping because you were shot in the leg. Having the wind knocked out of you because a cannon ball hit somewhere near you. Up-close combat with stabbing injuries.

And, a realistic physics engine. Not just normal ragdolls. Look at GTA IV/ GTA V with Euphoria engine.
    Well, I'm not saying to implement Euphoria, because that would cost a lot of money.
    But something like that.

If you could implement these features, this would truly be one of the most realistic simulation games.
    Quite funny... well, the problem is, if you dont handle all the bodys as ragdolls you will need a really powerfull pc to handle it. Ragdolls are really livesavers. And because we don't got the source code from Crytek, we need to use their physics engine.