Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Blood and Gore

This would be good, as people like a bit of blood and gore.
    Zevrow

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Zevrow View Post
    This would be good, as people like a bit of blood and gore.
    I think you're right.

Blood and gore, mainly amputated limbs, will contribute immensely to the immersion in the game!

Hell yeah!!!

USA Major

What about blood splatter if you are in line next to the guy that gets hit...

Quote Originally Posted by [RG]Chewie View Post
    What about blood splatter if you are in line next to the guy that gets hit...
    That's something we'd like to do.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant Colonel

*Another German steps into the Line*

Hello Gentlemen

I would love to have a medicposition implemented in the game. That's my favourite position but ... i don't know any games where i have a deep medical system (beside of Arma 2 with medic mods or kinda stuff). But also ... I see a little complication in these "amputation-shooting-off limbs"-things. The Soldier can't fight anymore after he lost a leg or his arm! :/ On one hand we would need a system to have like 5 chooseable and customizable characters OR in every battle you just get a random soldier with your own equipment and rank.

But i hope there is also a good system with the weapons and medical treatment.

Well thats it so far

Keep up the good work, I would love to donate to this project but ... I'm just a student. 20$ won't help you that much would they?

Skipper out

Hello there Skipper,

You might be interested in knowing that, unlike today's units where there are medics sprinkled in among the rank and file, back in the Civil War all medical personnel were part of a separate Medical Corps. You had the stretcher bearers on the bottom rung, usually being doctor's assistants; those not able to fight but still able to do something; and regimental musicians not needed for their usual duties. These men would go out and grab the wounded off the field on stretchers - oftentimes under the whiz of bullets. You had ambulance drivers in specially-suited wagons that the stretcher bearers loaded you and 5 to 7 others into, and then get carted to the nearest field hospital. There a frenzy of nurses and doctors would attend to you and thousands of others similarly afflicted as best they could with limited supplies and even more limited time. Needless to say, it would be very difficult for us to 1) implement a system such as this and in a playable manner that is fun and enjoyable, and 2) takes away players that can be soldiering about, which is the main focus of the game.
    I can tell you that we are very interested in portraying the less than glorious side of war to the best of our abilities and limitations. However, we must also keep in mind that this is still a game, and we must make it one that people will want to play. That being said, we will try our best to implement things like limbs getting torn off should shrapnel or shell hit a group of men, and that is indeed part of the problem should you lose a limb in such a manner Skipper, that you are not able to do much good in a fight anymore!
    Last edited by GeorgeCrecy; 01-09-2014 at 12:42 AM.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Hey GeorgeCrecy,

Thanks for the answer and like you say I understand you can't make it like a simulation ;D I understand what you mean and i think you Guys will do great

Again ... Thanks for doing this guys

USA Major

It would be amazing if you could leave some wounded players on the map after that player has "Died". What i mean by that is instead of replacing the dead player with a body, you continually animate that unit even after the player has respawned. You could have the "spent" units writhing around, moaning, calling out to a advancing or retreating line of friendly infantry or even walking/crawling to the rear. I'm not in any means a game developer and i don't know what kind of stress this would put on the server but if you could do something like this you could reach a level of brutal realism never seen before in an online simulation.

Skipper- "I'm just a student. 20$ won't help you that much would they?"

Randomest quoting of 2014 "Hence" I don't know why I did this

Soooo Skipper think you can go flashing your money everywhere think you wont be caught dead in that alley over there with those M&M's and a box with a stick holding it up, hmmm that man trying to squish himself in that corner and attempting to hide in those shadows WE CAN SEE YOU!, NO YOU CAN'T! he reply's and I suddenly realized that my fingers have typed me off my point, my point is... OH BOY M&M'S !!!! as I rush into the box unaware of my surroundings and the last thing I see is the M&M and a flash of metal, then I awaken from my sugar crash with this comment deleated or moved because it has no purpose and your eyes leaving as soon as you see the that this has no purpose... A great piece of advic* OO PIECE OF CANDY, then a glint of metal then i pjitrffffffttuufvvvvvvvvvvvytgtgtgtgjggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghkjljjjjji yutrtdfghjklp;oi98uyhgj SORRY SORRY new keyboard keys are wayyyy too light also too lazy to delete unlike this comment which took me like 15 mins to complete so feel special when the moderator wastes a click on this random azz post.

Wow I spent 15! mins on a post, dang I dont spend 15 mins to like... do ANYTHING not even shower that takes like 8 maybe take a bath... oh yeah the point was $20 can make the difference that a small indie team can get that new and improved engine, or maybe get a programming tech, or that new sketch pad so you can make more sophisticated models than with a mouse, I would donate to this game, but I don't even have $5 to spend on a finished game.