Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICER TRAINING (USMA at West Point)

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

OFFICER TRAINING (USMA at West Point)

Mission Statement

"To educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets so that each graduate is a commissioned leader of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country and prepared for a career of professional excellence and service to the Nation as an officer in the United States Army."

History

"West Point's role in our nation's history dates back to the Revolutionary War, when both sides realized the strategic importance of the commanding plateau on the west bank of the Hudson River. General George Washington considered West Point to be the most important strategic position in America. Washington personally selected Thaddeus Kosciuszko, one of the heroes of Saratoga, to design the fortifications for West Point in 1778, and Washington transferred his headquarters to West Point in 1779. Continental soldiers built forts, batteries and redoubts and extended a 150-ton iron chain across the Hudson to control river traffic. After gaining experience and national recognition during the Mexican and Indian wars, West Point graduates dominated the highest ranks on both sides during the Civil War. Academy graduates, headed by generals such as Grant, Lee, Sherman and Jackson, set high standards of military leadership for both the North and South.

How Officer Training is beneficial to War of Rights

Whenever a soldier starts his own company or is recruited into his or her own company, in some cases they have no military background or its limited. What this aims to do is have real leaders in charge of the soldiers who will interacting on the forums and in game. Properly trained leaders who will demand nothing but the best out of their men by way of example and character. There are a few modules/posts that will contain informationals on topics such as CUSTOMS AND COURTESIES, MILITARY HISTORY, DRILL, and COMBAT TACTICS. There will also be a link to an OPTIONAL test that will have a few variations. Upon completion of this test the cadet will receive a special badge for optional use on the forum.

(The optional test has not yet been uploaded)

ALL TRAINING WILL BE SELF DRIVEN BUT THERE WILL BE A SECTION FOR QUESTIONS

Send your officers over to if there is information there you feel will be beneficial, this is 100% voluntary obviously:
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=163
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 07-27-2017 at 07:46 PM.

CSA Captain

Will there be practical training in a WoR server to apply what Cadet's learn in their readings into the field?
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA General of the Army

So is this RP or are you serious?

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    So is this RP or are you serious?
    I am serious. It will give some degree of pretige to those who do it and will improve the quality of the battles. I saw earlier you are a Cadet. Is this university or high school? I feel like this sort of thing will he very beneficial and i am very much open to prudent suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Will there be practical training in a WoR server to apply what Cadet's learn in their readings into the field?
    The academic part will be self driven by an optional test once its ready. Yes there will also be a practical aspect on servers once its fully Developed. Thats why i made a post the other day asking for players with military experience.
    Last edited by Leifr; 07-22-2017 at 06:47 PM.

This is amazing. Basically if you're too lazy to train your Officers yourself, you can just send them to this hahaha.
    Last edited by ItalianMonk; 07-22-2017 at 09:30 PM.

CSA Captain

Just curious as to what accredits you to run an officer school?
    Last edited by yoyo8346; 07-22-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    Just curious as to what accredits you to run an officer school?
    What accredits you to run a brigade?
    Having said that..

This idea.... like the other dude said... If you start a company you should be solid enough to lead and drill them. And not sent them to your school.

CSA Captain

Well there is quite a difference between being an officer and teaching officers. Anyway, it was just a question, not hostility.

Well there is quite a difference between being an officer and teaching officers.
    Not in this game it shouldn't. Should be so that you and your men in your company figure this stuff out together. Construct your company together with your 1st Sgt figure out what suits you best. The beauty of this game for me lays in this very point the building aspect of your company the training with your company.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Well there is quite a difference between being an officer and teaching officers. Anyway, it was just a question, not hostility.
    Good evening,

I did not take it as hostility. You're asking a legitimate question. I was training cadre in the Marine Corps in real life, I gave periods of instruction by way of power point and lecture...I have briefed high ranking generals in real life while an augment with CJTF-76. I am a training technician now at my actual job, I served in real combat. Would you like more information?

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianMonk View Post
    This is amazing. Basically if you're too lazy to train your Officers yourself, you can just send them to this hahaha.
    Its optional lol...

Just like in real life. Some officers go through ROTC, other through OCS after obtaining their education, and some through the service academies. My intent is to create a certain level of prestige online. No different than representing a specific unit/company in game. There is a certain degree of pride in that no?

My other thought would be to have different officers from different units contribute in the practical portions. Confederate and Federal alike.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolina View Post
    What accredits you to run a brigade?
    Having said that..

This idea.... like the other dude said... If you start a company you should be solid enough to lead and drill them. And not sent them to your school.
    Emphasis on optional. This would just create a bond between some of the officers from both sides just like in the real civil war who had to fight each other.

The biggest question to you all is "Why not?" many pros...and so far no cons. tactics are tactics...and the US drill manual is the US drill manual.
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 07-23-2017 at 01:48 AM.