Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: OFFICER TRAINING (USMA at West Point)

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I am requesting you take this back to your commanders and ask what they think. If they feel there is something missing they should most certainly (when they have time) help develop information and evaluations. This will add more depth and knowledge to the environment in the game. I think this could be a fun thing.

Does anyone have any sort of issue with this group or its intent? There is someone here who claims that is the case, he wont be named but based off of what I've seen in past posts he is a trouble maker. I want to clear the air if there are any issues and hopefully answer questions or come to a resolution. It is my intent to get a long with everyone here.
    Last edited by Leifr; 07-27-2017 at 08:03 AM.

USA Brigadier General

Your score is 87%

You've completed the exam. You scored 13.00 out of 15.00 points.
    Passed

ha my English and the leck of skill to transfer yards into meters cost me 2 points ^^

Interesting test. Didn't expect a test like that.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Your score is 87%

You've completed the exam. You scored 13.00 out of 15.00 points.
    Passed

ha my English and the leck of skill to transfer yards into meters cost me 2 points ^^

Interesting test. Didn't expect a test like that.
    Please do elaborate. What should be on it and what do you believe should not be in it? Thank you in advance for your input.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Does anyone have any sort of issue with this group or its intent? There is someone here who claims that is the case, he wont be named but based off of what I've seen in past posts he is a trouble maker. I want to clear the air if there are any issues and hopefully answer questions or come to a resolution. It is my intent to get a long with everyone here.
    Continue ahead Mr Villarreal, you are more than welcome to run this sort of training group.

CSA Captain

I have no qualms to this school being attempted.

And while you were in the USMC (thank you so much for your service), I think people would be more interested in getting a better idea of what you're running. Are you going for historical accuracy? Just sharing your Corps experience with the rest? Because there is quite a bit of difference between the two. That sort of thing.

I'd be interested in giving it a shot when I'm available to see what you have going on.

In my opinion, people get offended (not myself, I'm always simply skeptical) when someone try's to start these sort of groups. People feel as though the creator of the group is trying to hover over the community or just get attention, usually with NO valid credentials or experience. Along those lines is also the fact that people want to train their own guys however they want to, whether that's to historical standards or Call of Duty chaos. Most people aren't humble enough to take a rank and admit they need training themselves, thus getting offended when officer schools pop out.

I'm not that "troublemaker" am I?
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    I have no qualms to this school being attempted.

And while you were in the USMC (thank you so much for your service), I think people would be more interested in getting a better idea of what you're running. Are you going for historical accuracy? Just sharing your Corps experience with the rest? Because there is quite a bit of difference between the two. That sort of thing.

I'd be interested in giving it a shot when I'm available to see what you have going on.

In my opinion, people get offended (not myself, I'm always simply skeptical) when someone try's to start these sort of groups. People feel as though the creator of the group is trying to hover over the community or just get attention, usually with NO valid credentials or experience. Along those lines is also the fact that people want to train their own guys however they want to, whether that's to historical standards or Call of Duty chaos. Most people aren't humble enough to take a rank and admit they need training themselves, thus getting offended when officer schools pop out.

I'm not that "troublemaker" am I?
    Not at all Captain Rawlings! You have been nothing short of a gentleman.

I most certainly do not want to hover or impose anything on anyone. What I would like is to see people educating each other and learning from each other...including myself. There is so much to knowledge on these forums and this is an avenue for those people to share this priceless information in a way that can be fun as well as beneficial to the community as a whole.

Think of it like this. You serve under the 38th NC, there is a reason behind it and even pride. There is also a degree of pride with having more information and labeling it USMA for fun. Especially when you consider how many classmates of USMA* (corrected from USMC typo) and VMI had to draw their swords on each other during those years. This is a cool way for the Union and Confederate players to come together outside of the servers and share even more camaraderie. What do you think?
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 07-28-2017 at 10:59 AM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Your score is 93%
    You've completed the exam. You scored 14.00 out of 15.00 points.
    Passed
    Hunh, not as smart as I thought I was.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Not at all Captain Rawlings! You have been nothing short of a gentleman.

I most certainly do not want to hover or impose anything on anyone. What I would like is to see people educating each other and learning from each other...including myself. There is so much to knowledge on these forums and this is an avenue for those people to share this priceless information in a way that can be fun as well as beneficial to the community as a whole.

Think of it like this. You serve under the 38th NC, there is a reason behind it and even pride. There is also a degree of pride with having more information and labeling it USMA for fun. Especially when you consider how many classmates of USMC and VMI had to draw their swords on each other during those years. This is a cool way for the Union and Confederate players to come together outside of the servers and share even more camaraderie. What do you think?
    Understood! I think this may be the first Officer School/Exam that I don't look down on Now where is this exam? Did I miss a link or something?

Edit: Wanted to add this link that NCO's and really anybody can find useful if you're shooting for historical accuracy http://www.explicitlyclear.com/wp/co...t-interactive/

2nd Edit: Found the link

Last edited by Lance Rawlings; 07-28-2017 at 04:55 AM.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Understood! I think this may be the first Officer School/Exam that I don't look down on Now where is this exam? Did I miss a link or something?

Edit: Wanted to add this link that NCO's and really anybody can find useful if you're shooting for historical accuracy http://www.explicitlyclear.com/wp/co...t-interactive/

2nd Edit: Found the link

Thank you for the kind words! I will most certainly take down this information. :-)

CSA Colonel

The results are in 14.00 out of 15.00 points. You scored a 93%.

I ask that you change the How long did the Battle of Antietam last for, to "How long did the Maryland Campaign last for," because those are the dates you were putting in as answers. Honestly it is less confusing and if the Battle of Antietam lasted that long it would be one of the longest battles of the civil war and would no be coined the "SINGLE Bloodiest Day in American History."
    Last edited by DomDowg; 07-28-2017 at 09:24 PM.