Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More than just a game.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer8612 View Post
    [...] I say a good example of making for their nation's crime is Germany which has since the end of WW2 gone on to rebuild and rejoin the world as a 1st world country. I know some people will point out the over-immigration problem that is plaguing Germany right now as a negative but honestly I (as a potential immigrant in the distant future) really don't think it's that bad. I mean it's like taking in your neighbors whose farms just burned down. Of course if too many asked to be let in, well that's a problem but you could always direct them to another neighbor. [...]
    Well said and true, but Germany had the traumatic experience of WW2 and its consequences which lead to the process of taking responsibility and learning and for me the Warsaw Genuflection is the best symbol for it. America on the other hand had neither of it, at least it had no or little effect...i mean how many people are at least questioning the war on Iraq in 2003 ?

I think the american people are not critical with themselves and the actions which are/ were taken in their names, from my experience you will always get bashed with "you are not american, how dare you" and so on
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

I think this overgeneralization of states and now countries has run its course.

- Trusty