Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Recruiting forum

CSA Captain

A council would indeed not work, but i hope that some clans grow in such sizes that they establish High Commands which will work together. At least by organizing nice events where certain rules are set, i think that is realistic...worked just fine in Battlegrounds 2
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    A council would indeed not work, but i hope that some clans grow in such sizes that they establish High Commands which will work together. At least by organizing nice events where certain rules are set, i think that is realistic...worked just fine in Battlegrounds 2
    In North and South, there is a full army (The Union Army) with 1.000 active players, organised in 4 Divisions, with 2 brigades each division, with 3-8 regiments per Brigade...
    Each Division/Brigade has a commander and a staff.

When its working out in NaS, it will work out in War of Rights too

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    In North and South, there is a full army (The Union Army) with 1.000 active players, organised in 4 Divisions, with 2 brigades each division, with 3-8 regiments per Brigade...

I'll take you up on that I am really excited about how the community will evolve and i think that WoR provides a good platform to create good and player friendly structures
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

USA General of the Army

I, Porter W. Horace, Brigadier General, Commanding Officer of 2nd "Eagle" Brigade, 1st Division, 1st Corps, Union Army, can tell you that if you remove the ability to be a full regiment then the UA will fall apart in WoR. If you used a Company level idea then firstly our Brigades would no longer exist, then with no Brigades there can be no Divisions etc. I know why you want t remove Regiment locking but Regiments are a key part to the Union Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I, Porter W. Horace, Brigadier General, Commanding Officer of 2nd "Eagle" Brigade, 1st Division, 1st Corps, Union Army, can tell you that if you remove the ability to be a full regiment then the UA will fall apart in WoR. If you used a Company level idea then firstly our Brigades would no longer exist, then with no Brigades there can be no Divisions etc. I know why you want t remove Regiment locking but Regiments are a key part to the Union Army.
    I, TrustyJam of Campfire Games can tell you that I don't really see an issue here. :P Now, until we've actually announced something I won't go too much into detail, but I fail to see the problem with a more authentic naming system in regards to the playercounts likely to be supported and supported in other games and mods.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

I like the more authentic idea but as I'm the only proper active member of the UA in this forum I feel it is my duty to raise the issue on behalf of the UA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I like the more authentic idea but as I'm the only proper active member of the UA in this forum I feel it is my duty to raise the issue on behalf of the UA.
    Thank you - it's been noted. We'll be open for your feedback once our system has been revealed.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Roger that boss!

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post

I have seen it work out in other games as well, I believe it could work wonders in this game with the direction the devs are going.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Honestly accurately naming units as companies rather than regiments is better in my opinion. Its just shifting all organization down one level. Lets say a good sized active group of 30 men can be a company. Several companies that are willing to work together can be a regiment headed by a colonel. Several regiments willing to work together will be a brigade, and from a brigade to a division. Several divisions can be a corps.

6th grade math time...

30 x 4 = 120 (4 companies of around 30 men) 120ish men per regiment

120 x 4 = 480 ( 4 regiments of around 120 men) 480ish men per brigade

480 x 4 = 1920 ( 4 brigades of around 480 men) 1920ish men per division

You can either stop there, or you can go up one more level to a corps.

1920 x 3 = 5760 ( 3 divisions of around 1920 men) 5760 men per corps

So, we are looking at around 6,000 men ( I say men, both genders are welcome XD ) per side. We can even move up one more level and hit the army which would reach the tens of thousands. This of course doesn't take into consideration server limitations, inactive players, general drama that often comes with varying communities, and other branches such as artillery and cavalry. This at least gives you a basic idea of how organization can work if individual players call the smalles scaled group a company rather than a regiment, how this organization fits historically and how this organization can easily reach up to thousands of people working as one cohesive unit.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia