Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words that stand out and are true to me; Gettysburg Address

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Words that stand out and are true to me; Gettysburg Address

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

- The Honorable 16th President of the United States of America-
    Abraham Lincoln

The bold words mean something to me because they highlight the equality of all men...with no distinction. This is something that holds true even today and should always hold true. The simplicity of this message and those words are what touches me the most. Where our country has gone ever since the address. We have made mistakes and will continue to make them as a country but somehow we are still here and I hope only for the best.
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 08-07-2017 at 03:45 PM.

CSA Major General

and then it all ended... ??? what>? new birth of freedom.. to pay taxes and the states to answer to a federal judge who overrules them? what freedom I ask sir.. where is that freedom? do not take pee and push it down my back and call it rain from heaven because some media says it is so.. I sir, am a man of free will and thought .. given me by constitutional right. I do not need to be dictated to, I only need my right. life liberty and the chance at happiness without a federal judge to decide that for me.. so what new birth of freedom sir, where is it ? if I do not own a bank or big business? what is my new birth of freedom? if I am a slave who now must starve because I have no skills nor learning? where is my freedom? except to be a pawn to the powers which now be which is all FEDERAL? where is by new birth of freedom..

had Nazi Germany won... you would have heard the same bull from them and it would be preached today and all of you would adhere to it the same... sometimes you just have to stop and read and learn.. and put yourself in the same shoes as those before you and consider. not listening to the teachers nor especially the media but gaining a CLEAR perspective. each of you know, that there is no reason for 5 mvskoke men to leave their home in 1861 and (missing the train in Selma AL.) WALK to Virginia to do battle. THERE WAS A REASON! they owned no slaves. they had few acres. WHY? where was their birth of freedom? the confederacy!

edit.. sorry if I got on a rant.. but I just have a hard time dealing with some political BS, that the people of his own time and especially those abroad saw as STUPID, become such a NOVILTY today. it is if no one reads now days, but get their education from the media. it is so so bothersome.
    Last edited by Dether; 08-05-2017 at 03:18 AM.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

It's amazing how neo confederates manage to be exactly the same people.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    It's amazing how neo confederates manage to be exactly the same people.
    your rhetoric becomes tiresome.. at least learn to read.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Dether View Post
    your rhetoric becomes tiresome.. at least learn to read.
    Ok, will you learn to write?

Best,
    Dman979

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    Ok, will you learn to write?

Best,
    Dman979
    No need to reply with such texts.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Gentlemen,

Lets not over think this post.

Kind of hard not too.

CSA Captain

I really don't see a reason to simply copy and paste the Gettysburg Address, which is already widely available on the Internet. This is forum spam more than anything, and it's clear this is going to escalate. Please be a bit more thoughtful when creating new threads.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I remember Kiff being banned for this exact reason; but on a larger scale.

I move to lock/delete this thread.
    Jim, Kyle, or Rithal please weigh-in here.
    Last edited by yoyo8346; 08-07-2017 at 02:48 PM.

CSA Major

Afternoon.
    I'll let it run until later this evening and observe how it unfolds. Ritual and Kyle may do otherwise if they see fit, I am currently on holiday.