Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Respawn Sites

CSA Major

Respawn Sites

I thought that it would add a touch of realism if the respawn sites were made to be field hospital tents. Perhaps there could be details like a pile of amputated limbs, surgeons working on soldiers (all bots), screams and groans of the wounded, dead and wounded laying in triage areas around the tent, etc. Thoughts?

CSA Lieutenant General

I like the idea. It was very common for soldiers to be treated in the forward aid stations and sent back to battle. It would be a great immersion experience.
    Col. Hatcher
    Adjutant, Drayton's Brigade

In Memoriam of my Confederate Ancestors:

Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest, Major William H. Forrest, Lt. Col. Aaron Forrest, Col. Jeffrey Forrest, Lt. Col. Jesse Forrest, Captain James M. Cathey, Harrison Haynes, Harper Haynes, Jopseh Martin, William G. Hatcher, John A. Hatcher, John J. Hatcher, D. Wesley Hatcher, James L. Hatcher

USA Major

+1 Great idea!

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

I like the idea but the devs said they are not working on having bots in game.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I like the idea but the devs said they are not working on having bots in game.
    Can be done without bots. Just have bodies laying around like they already do in some places.
    Col. Hatcher
    Adjutant, Drayton's Brigade

In Memoriam of my Confederate Ancestors:

Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest, Major William H. Forrest, Lt. Col. Aaron Forrest, Col. Jeffrey Forrest, Lt. Col. Jesse Forrest, Captain James M. Cathey, Harrison Haynes, Harper Haynes, Jopseh Martin, William G. Hatcher, John A. Hatcher, John J. Hatcher, D. Wesley Hatcher, James L. Hatcher

CSA Major

Yes. I only said bots because it would give some small degree of movement to NPC's and add realism. If there is another way to do that then go that way.

They already have idle animations, and character models, so no real extra work would be required, if I'm not mistaken.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I'm not sure about the practicality of having a field hospital so close to the front lines.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    I'm not sure about the practicality of having a field hospital so close to the front lines.
    Agreed.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    Agreed. But have also to say that the spawns are very empty, if I could say so. I wouldn't prefer a medical station but maybe some tents like 3 or 4 or some carts with ressources because that would explain a little bit more why the people are coming from there and would give the guys better and realistic feeling how they got there. And this also could prevent spawn camping because the guys who spawn have a little cover.

Greetings from Germany
    Max Petersen