Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Respawn Sites

CSA Major

Somewhere in this forum the developers mentioned when you return to combat, you are not doing so as a wounded (same) soldier, but as another (new/different) soldier just entering combat. This makes more sense to me than restarting at a field hospital tent. I'm not completely against it, but the hospital tent would suggest you were evacuated off the field of battle, fixed up, then returned to combat. I don't believe that's very realistic for the time period.
    Last edited by LJPII; 08-25-2017 at 07:27 AM.
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Max Krause View Post
    Agreed. But have also to say that the spawns are very empty, if I could say so. I wouldn't prefer a medical station but maybe some tents like 3 or 4 or some carts with ressources because that would explain a little bit more why the people are coming from there and would give the guys better and realistic feeling how they got there. And this also could prevent spawn camping because the guys who spawn have a little cover.

Greetings from Germany
    I believe the spawn directions are the actual directions the soldiers of that side marched onto the battlefield from. Remember that these skirmish areas are fairly small, and in the battles that they are based on, the actual army camps were miles back. The soldiers simply marched to the point you spawn at so it doesn't really make sense to have tents set up there.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    I believe the spawn directions are the actual directions the soldiers of that side marched onto the battlefield from. Remember that these skirmish areas are fairly small, and in the battles that they are based on, the actual army camps were miles back. The soldiers simply marched to the point you spawn at so it doesn't really make sense to have tents set up there.
    I can unterstand your position and I know that fact. It's just that the spawn are a bit you know empty. You are just somewhere and you dont really know why you re there. Hopefully you unterstand what I mean. And the enemy just see that suddenly some guys appears from there. And I mean if you see a little camp there it would be more understandeble why the guys are coming from there.
    Max Petersen

Quote Originally Posted by LJPII View Post
    Somewhere in this forum the developers mentioned when you return to combat, you are not doing so as a wounded (same) soldier
    Which isn't a good argument, considering everybody will have their own unique playermodel later on in development
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Captain

Having some carts with supplies or artillery pieces at spawns would be nice.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    Having some carts with supplies or artillery pieces at spawns would be nice.
    Agreed, or a pile of discarded knapsacks and other miscellanea that would feasibly be dropped prior to engagement.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    One point of consideration.

These skirmish maps are not individual that I am aware of but they are partitioned off areas of the real overall battlefield map, and placing object in those areas could amount to polluting the overall map upon release.

Don't quote me, but I think that's what I saw a while back.