Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any people here from or currently live in Maryland?

CSA Colonel

Any people here from or currently live in Maryland?

Read What's Below!

Anyways, I have no idea where this can go. It is not Off Topic. I am looking for people who are Marylanders. Whether you live here now or where born in Maryland. I am looking for Marylanders for the 2nd Maryland Company. I personally think that all Marylanders in War of Rights should join it's state's regiment in a Maryland Campaign . Anyways even if ya don't wanna join I just wanna see how many people live in the state we are all fighting over. If you wanna join P.M. me. If not well I know there are fellow Marylanders here. (Everyone is welcome to join though!)

P.S. I don't mean if you changed your forum thing to Maryland because that is where the game takes place. (I don't mean to sound rude.)

P.P.S. Mods this thread is a recruitment/ get to know. So I put it in the Companies General Discussion.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I am not from Maryland but finished high school in Baltimore County back in 2003.

CSA Lieutenant General

You know I'm from Maryland, we've had prior discussions. The only thing that keeps me personally from joining a MD Regiment is that I've only tracked my genealogy back to the Civil War to my maternal Virginian roots. I have not been able to find any paternal Maryland roots back to that era, as of yet. So at this point, I've just found ties to, at a minimum, 6 Virginian ancestors that were all enlisted in Virginia Infantry and/or Cavalry regiments. I was born, raised, and still reside in MD though.
    Last edited by dmurray6; 08-11-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Colonel

Maryland born and raised and yes I still live in MD

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    You know I'm from Maryland, we've had prior discussions. The only thing that keeps me personally from joining a MD Regiment is that I've only tracked my genealogy back to the Civil War to my maternal Virginian roots. I have not been able to find any paternal Maryland roots back to that era, as of yet. So at this point, I've just found ties to, at a minimum, 6 Virginian ancestors that were all enlisted in Virginia Infantry and/or Cavalry regiments. I was born, raised, and still reside in MD though.
    Same here! Born in Olney, MD. Currently reside in Potomac, MD.

My Union soldier 3rd great grandfather died in Pennsylvania, so I've joined the Bucktails!

USA Colonel

I live in Maryland, in the Cumberland area.

I do not
    2nd Lieutenant Eoghan O'Cobhtaigh

To quote the location description on my profile, "Was on the border of Kentucky, stuck in Maryland"

I am originally from Northern PG County in Maryland (Town between Laurel and College Park). Lived in Maryland pretty much all my life up to 27, moved to Northern VA now.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CSHawkeye View Post
    I am originally from Northern PG County in Maryland (Town between Laurel and College Park). Lived in Maryland pretty much all my life up to 27, moved to Northern VA now.
    Nice! I work in College Park.