Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 23-08-2017 Thirty-Seventh Field Report: Pledge Reward Uniforms & Harper's Ferry

USA Major

I can't believe I haven't seen this yet. The town looks amazing and the attention to detail is impressive! If you guys ever need photos or are unsure of anything I live in Shepherdstown and could help out if needed. I'm a good photographer and could supply what you need... just let me know.

Edit: Also no pressure at all as you guys have a schedule and priorities but do you have a rough timetable on this map being released?
    Last edited by Shiloh; 01-07-2018 at 04:55 PM.

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Since the pictures are black and white, you can't tell, if they are dark red or black trim.
    Please link to some written sources for that.

Our sources just mention the red trim.
    The quartermaster reports for the 11th MS mentioned: "with red trim on the collar and cuffs, and eight red chest bars with buttons at each end". Thats how the regiment was fitted.
    The Mississippi regulation for the militia and army mentioned "Red for Infantry" as trim.

The black and white pictures are no evidences, because you can't see the difference between black and dark red in such pictures.
    This is correct about them wearing red trims, as the quartermaster also reports in harpers ferry the "mississippians all clamoring for rifles to replace their outdated muskets" in harper's ferry as the 11thMS stood soldierly amongst the others in their red trimmed uniforms.
    "May we find a fruitful path in our endeavours, and show strength to our enemy's as we gallantly charge to meet them on the field of battle!"-
    Captain of the 11th MS Company F "Noxubee Rifles"

Some took it a bit further then just the trims.

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanCompany View Post
    Some took it a bit further then just the trims.
    This is correct! As to your company is an example of this!
    "May we find a fruitful path in our endeavours, and show strength to our enemy's as we gallantly charge to meet them on the field of battle!"-
    Captain of the 11th MS Company F "Noxubee Rifles"