Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Massachusetts Sharpshooters Co. A

USA General of the Army

Just realised I spooned my English in my first question. "Are you now the 1stMA sharps or is this an off shoot of the 2ndMA Inf?" Was what I was aiming for, but the volunteer requirements ironed it out.

I would however say I don't disagree with what Hairy is say. This seems a little premature to be formed and might be interpreted as a power grab so you can proclaim yourself a Major. I'm not suggesting that this is what you have done at all though. Might I suggest holding fire and getting the 2ndMA into a real position of strength before off shooting. Right now you have 28 men between both groups which is a touch on the small side to be trying to lay claim to two units.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Just realised I spooned my English in my first question. "Are you now the 1stMA sharps or is this an off shoot of the 2ndMA Inf?" Was what I was aiming for, but the volunteer requirements ironed it out.

I would however say I don't disagree with what Hairy is say. This seems a little premature to be formed and might be interpreted as a power grab so you can proclaim yourself a Major. I'm not suggesting that this is what you have done at all though. Might I suggest holding fire and getting the 2ndMA into a real position of strength before off shooting. Right now you have 28 men between both groups which is a touch on the small side to be trying to lay claim to two units.
    Shoot me a message on steam if you have a minute...its [2ndMA(A)] Maj. Villarreal I will be able to explain it way better on there.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Shoot me a message on steam if you have a minute...its [2ndMA(A)] Maj. Villarreal I will be able to explain it way better on there.
    Roger that

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    As A Company, the highest rank achievable is Captain.
    According to historical data this unit only ever achieved company status as there was only ever one company not multiples, and was assigned to function within the structure of a larger regiment, in this case, the 15th MA Infantry, 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, II Corps.

It also only had two commanders, both Captains.

So I can see where the problems are coming from.

Also for the record, a player named Gunny has already posted a claim to this unit on Oct 16th 2016.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    As A Company, the highest rank achievable is Captain.
    According to historical data this unit only ever achieved company status as there was only ever one company not multiples, and was assigned to function within the structure of a larger regiment, in this case, the 15th MA Infantry, 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, II Corps.

It also only had two commanders, both Captains.

So I can see where the problems are coming from.

Also for the record, a player named Gunny has already posted a claim to this unit on Oct 16th 2016.
    The Company has to be fully formed for the name to be claimed. It took me one month what it takes some people months to do Hill. Do you want to know why sir?

USA Sergeant

Ah! This kind of positivity makes my tea cups refill and grass tuffs grow on my glasses. Thank you, sir!

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wilsom View Post
    Ah! This kind of positivity makes my tea cups refill and grass tuffs grow on my glasses. Thank you, sir!
    Is there any other way to live our lives my friend? I get that people aren't taking this serious. And that's fine. At this point I do not expect that. But rest assured that I am no ::insert company jumper name/Corps starter name::

I finish what I start.

CSA Major

Good luck! Get the right Officers in your companies then you should be good!

USA Lieutenant General

Why not start a 2ndMA Co.B or 2ndMA company, why 1st? How could you be maj. of 1stMA & 2ndMA companies, anyways best of luck
    ~ Jupiter

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Off-topic posts have been removed. Company threads are for the discussion and formation of companies. They're not here for everyone to chime in and provide their personal opinion on the matter. If you have a problem with a thread, message a moderator.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia