Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TKing and Drill Disruptions By Union Company Members

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    Which is exactly what I meant. Obviously I would never ban or kick someone over one or 2 TKs they happen Ive done it. But its the trolls I am targeting here such as discussed before.

- Kyle
    How can you punish someone for doing nothing wrong? As far as I'm aware there is no rule set on what you can and can't do on the servers. Due to that it means we can tk to our hearts content should we wish. If you want to be able to enforce and prevent trolling then maybe you should create rules for the servers that everyone can see and is aware of. Until that stage however as they are public servers we can honestly do what we want just saying welcome to prove me wrong and show me server rules tho, but I've not seen any which is why it's kinda banter to tk sometimes xd

Not saying I run around teamkilling but if there is some kid thinking he is an officer of me on a public server I have no option but to end his life as I'm unable to silence him irl
    Last edited by Etherton; 08-30-2017 at 10:29 AM.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Etherton View Post
    Not saying I run around teamkilling but if there is some kid thinking he is an officer of me on a public server I have no option but to end his life as I'm unable to silence him irl
    No chill at all Etherton

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by MontySJ View Post
    You ought to clarify these people and their intention, some might do it for reason like, " i was stuck" or " he was in my way" you cant just suddenly conclude or generalize that the only reason they did what they did wasnt accidental but rather purposely done to ruin your drills and event's, you can disagree seriously, its your opinion, but you need to understand calling out names and ranting about something as common as this is rather useless, and because a member of a company did what they did, you cant just generalize also that the motive of the whole company is the same to that 1 member that comitted that action, again... if you settled it more discreet and calm manner it wouldnt explode into a shitshow

And another thing, if you made a statement like this on a normal post withouth naming your so called suspects, that probably would be fine, but you made a thread and calling out name's, you said respect other company's drill and event's, well you also need to respect other people's reputation within the community, if you think people wont look at this thread even thought it doesnt concern them, then you are wrong, some people doing research on their preferred Company is going to stumble upon that statement you made regarding the Company that as you said " disrupted" and it will impact a negative image on that company's reputation, i remember a Company ( iam not going to name it, i will only say the name of this company when asked through private messege but i wont open it to the public) which earned a horrible reputation for the action of it's Sergeant Major, he TK'ed alot of people this was back before the TK Kicking system, because of the reputation of this SgtMajor impacted to the Company, the Company had a fight with the Dev's to clear its name, resulting in the inactivity of the Company, so a statement like this, matters alot, on the image of the company, to say the 6thLA or 51st or 55th or whatever do what you said it did, would turn recruits away from the company, thinking it to be an unorganized bunch of rabble, when in reality it isnt, and you will be the one accountable for such words and imagery.

P.S

I mean nothing bad by this, no disregard to you or your Company member's.
    Amen
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Major

How can you punish someone for doing nothing wrong? As far as I'm aware there is no rule set on what you can and can't do on the servers. Due to that it means we can tk to our hearts content should we wish. If you want to be able to enforce and prevent trolling then maybe you should create rules for the servers that everyone can see and is aware of. Until that stage however as they are public servers we can honestly do what we want just saying welcome to prove me wrong and show me server rules tho, but I've not seen any which is why it's kinda banter to tk sometimes xd

There is no specific set of rules for the servers other than the usual "don't be a dick", however that's not to say one can purposely team-kill with carefree abandon. We are currently relying upon player reports (hinthint) and directly PM'ing the administration and moderators with video/image proof before a permanent SteamID ban is placed. That said, there is a simple auto-kick feature currently in place, it will be upgraded and admin tools expanded over time.

As for the 'kid officer', you do have the option of actively ignoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Something along those lines with a clever counting system as well in order to avoid kicks if you play for, say, several hours and manage to get a few tk's.

- Trusty
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Yes, and if you continue to tk you'll eventually be Steam ID banned.

- Trusty

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by MontySJ View Post
    You ought to clarify these people and their intention, some might do it for reason like, " i was stuck" or " he was in my way" you cant just suddenly conclude or generalize that the only reason they did what they did wasnt accidental but rather purposely done to ruin your drills and event's, you can disagree seriously, its your opinion, but you need to understand calling out names and ranting about something as common as this is rather useless, and because a member of a company did what they did, you cant just generalize also that the motive of the whole company is the same to that 1 member that comitted that action, again... if you settled it more discreet and calm manner it wouldnt explode into a shitshow

And another thing, if you made a statement like this on a normal post withouth naming your so called suspects, that probably would be fine, but you made a thread and calling out name's, you said respect other company's drill and event's, well you also need to respect other people's reputation within the community, if you think people wont look at this thread even thought it doesnt concern them, then you are wrong, some people doing research on their preferred Company is going to stumble upon that statement you made regarding the Company that as you said " disrupted" and it will impact a negative image on that company's reputation, i remember a Company ( iam not going to name it, i will only say the name of this company when asked through private messege but i wont open it to the public) which earned a horrible reputation for the action of it's Sergeant Major, he TK'ed alot of people this was back before the TK Kicking system, because of the reputation of this SgtMajor impacted to the Company, the Company had a fight with the Dev's to clear its name, resulting in the inactivity of the Company, so a statement like this, matters alot, on the image of the company, to say the 6thLA or 51st or 55th or whatever do what you said it did, would turn recruits away from the company, thinking it to be an unorganized bunch of rabble, when in reality it isnt, and you will be the one accountable for such words and imagery.

P.S

I mean nothing bad by this, no disregard to you or your Company member's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Amen
    Gentlemen,

It's simple. This is not a one time thing and some of it was blatant and by those that are supposed to be leaders within their companies. WE are in control of what OUR companies do and their reputation. If that makes the 2nd Massachusetts a bunch of stuck up and pompous people then I am pretty sure none of my guys will have a problem with that label when placed next to people who are TKing and causing a disruption deliberately. We are here to play by the rules. Some of those rules are written and others are common sense. The 6th LA has some wonderful leadership and they are NOT one of the two main companies that are a major problem. The problem here are two federal groups disrupting a drill and one of those doing it being a 1SG within that company. I am not here to take care of anyone but my guys who put in a lot of time and maturity into this game and those companies that have similar standards. I am sorry that I am not sorry for wanting to take care of my guys and being passionate about it.

If the 42ndPA, 55thNY, 68thNY, 6thLA (whom quickly responded politely) and 1stTX amongst some other unnamed units can conduct themselves with decorum inside the servers and on the forums than so can everyone else.

I am 100% certain that it is none of my guys doing this. And if it is please do let me know. As far as server rules go...there is a reason that TKing has an auto kick feature after so many. This is a common sense thing. Just understand this, rules are established when people do things like this or make comments like the one you just made.
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 08-30-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Gentlemen,

It's simple. This is not a one time thing and some of it was blatant and by those that are supposed to be leaders within their companies. WE are in control of what OUR companies do and their reputation. If that makes the 2nd Massachusetts a bunch of stuck up and pompous people then I am pretty sure none of my guys will have a problem with that label when placed next to people who are TKing and causing a disruption deliberately. We are here to play by the rules. Some of those rules are written and others are common sense. The 6th LA has some wonderful leadership and they are NOT one of the two main companies that are a major problem. The problem here are two federal groups disrupting a drill and one of those doing it being a 1SG within that company. I am not here to take care of anyone but my guys who put in a lot of time and maturity into this game and those companies that have similar standards. I am sorry that I am not sorry for wanting to take care of my guys and being passionate about it.

If the 42ndPA, 55thNY, 68thNY, 6thLA (whom quickly responded politely) and 1stTX amongst some other unnamed units can conduct themselves with decorum inside the servers and on the forums than so can everyone else.

I am 100% certain that it is none of my guys doing this. And if it is please do let me know. As far as server rules go...there is a reason that TKing has an auto kick feature after so many. This is a common sense thing. Just understand this, rules are established when people do things like this or make comments like the one you just made.
    Just Got TK-ed by a 2nd Massachusetts member! Bad bad company bad very bad

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolina View Post
    Just Got TK-ed by a 2nd Massachusetts member! Bad bad company bad very bad
    Yes it is very bad. Please send me a name so I can look into it.
    -did they apologize?
    -how many times did they do it?

If it is determined that it was done maliciously and without apology I will handle it. I am ok with public scrutiny if my men are not doing the right thing.

Although I am not seeing any of my guys as even being online at this very moment...

CSA Major

SouthCarolina is being facetious Mr Villarreal.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    SouthCarolina is being facetious Mr Villarreal.
    lol it's 7:41am over here and I have not yet had my coffee... <---embarrassed face

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    lol it's 7:41am over here and I have not yet had my coffee...
    Make a coffee and have some breakfast mate!