Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What battlefields would you like to see?

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Awesome, i'll give it a look.

USA Captain

I think in 7 -10 years after all the civil war expansions are hopefully made, I think some good wars would be the Mexican-American War(use weapon models from WOR like the m1842 and some older European muskets for Mexico) or Franco-Prussian War (literally no games set in that war and would be interesting as tactics where beggining to look modern at the time)
    "Better dead than reb"- Someone probably

Fredericksburg....I would love to see Fredericksburg ^^

Maybe in far future, as a winter special map :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crabesquash View Post
    Fredericksburg....I would love to see Fredericksburg ^^

Maybe in far future, as a winter special map :P
    I do like greatcoats.

- Trusty

Hell yeah ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I do like greatcoats.

- Trusty
    And I love em. Perhaps a winter WoR, with Stones River and Fredericksburg?
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Nope.

We've stated mod support isn't a priority at the moment but we'd like to support it in the future.

We've been in talks with Crytek a bit regarding it (engine license stuff) and we're certain we make it work one way or another.. when, however, is another matter...

- Trusty
    Okay! Well thanks for that.

Frederiksburg, Chancellorsville/Wilderness/Spotsylvania, Shiloh, Chickamauga are some of the ones I'd like to see. :P

- Trusty
    Well there you have it from the horse's mouth. Fredericksburg was listed first so that's where we are going after Antietam.

CSA Captain

Since this evolves around the 1862 Maryland Campaign, I do think it'd be interesting to see the inclusion of South Mountain and potentially the Shenandoah Valley. Specifically for South Mountain, three pitched battles were fought for possession of three South Mountain passes: Crampton's, Turner's, and Fox's Gaps. McClellan, and the Union Army of the Potomac, needed to pass through these gaps to pursue Robert E. Lee's split armies in order to defeat the Confederate Campaign in Maryland. So the importance of the gaps cannot ever be understated of how critical it was for either side to control them to dictate how their campaigns would go.

As for the Valley, Lee had to move 55,000 of his men through it so I think there could be a potential scenario there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Stuart View Post
    Since this evolves around the 1862 Maryland Campaign, I do think it'd be interesting to see the inclusion of South Mountain and potentially the Shenandoah Valley. Specifically for South Mountain, three pitched battles were fought for possession of three South Mountain passes: Crampton's, Turner's, and Fox's Gaps. McClellan, and the Union Army of the Potomac, needed to pass through these gaps to pursue Robert E. Lee's split armies in order to defeat the Confederate Campaign in Maryland. So the importance of the gaps cannot ever be understated of how critical it was for either side to control them to dictate how their campaigns would go.

As for the Valley, Lee had to move 55,000 of his men through it so I think there could be a potential scenario there.
    South Mountain is part of the game since the beginning

Pretty old field report, but the map is there (just need to be adjusted for the engine updates we had)

https://warofrights.com/Fieldreport11