Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest thing you would like to add

Hell, what I think would be a fun gamemode is something like RO2 with a bigger campaign in each multiplayer match, but instead of traditional battles you just take turns (and can vote whether to defend or attack like RO2) trying to succesfully siege forts.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Stuart View Post
    The Craziest thing eh?

Fort Assaults/Defense.
    WHY? Because you'd have to survive the horrors of such fort conflicts such as Fort Fisher, Fort Wagner, Fort Donelson, Fort Vicksburg, Fort Macon and oh yes even Fort Pillow. Imagine the carnage, coordination and much more to be involved when defending or even assaulting said fort and outskirt pickets.
    Heck yeah! As a former Devil Dog, I wanna play as a U.S. Marine, either working one of the ships guns or assaulting the beach! I'm really hoping WoR developers get around to making the 1st Manassas battlefield so I can start up or join the Marine Battalion. Fortitudine!
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Ro2 style campaign isn't a crazy suggestion at all, it's definitely something they should add!

I'd like to see a more dynamic reload system that makes the player actually do it himself either by mashing keys or just doing it by the numbers in some way that would make it more complex, able to have the process interrupted and resumed, and add more variation than just a simple cookie-cutter animation one-size fits all reload sequence. Loading is such a big deal in the Civil War.

Also a better movement system. Rather than just forcing the players to take certain stances you could have other non-parade field stances. Prone. Moving while crouching. Different ways of carrying your rifle. Easier movement through more rugged terrain. I have no idea how anyone's gonna move through rugged terrain at all in this game.

It would be nice to allow custom maps to add custom skins. That could accomplish the Halloween-style idea. It is a good thing to be able to spice up a game on rare occasions. I ran a zombie event myself and I wasn't one to do that sort of stuff.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'd like to see a more dynamic reload system....
    As would I, since playing the Skirmishes Phase it has just reinforced everything i've thought and posted about the Reload system (make it happen in stages).

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...33-Suggestions

At the moment it can be incredibly annoying as you reload at a bad time and someone just comes up and bayonets you, they need to split up the Animation into 2-3 segments, like Holding R does the full reload and tapping R will do the different parts. I wouldn't be adverse to tapping F or something as your character Rams the shot down giving you a slight speed boost, I realise that sounds a bit Quick time event-y but it'd add to the tension when playing imo.

Reloading QTEs would make me shoot myself. Not only is reloading a simple task and not deserving of a QTE system, it would furthur encourage basing companies aeound melee than shooting.

Hell, I'll accept QTEs for loading only if they add QTEs to marching in the correct step and changijg stances, seeing as those are such big parts of the civil war.
    Last edited by David Dire; 09-05-2017 at 03:11 AM.

The meelee problem is a separate matter to reloading.

So you're saying if reloading was made 10 times harder than it is right now, melee usage would not increase?

USA Captain

Gatling Guns would be awesome to see, although i know little about the civil war i do know they did appear and were used against the confederates

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Woods View Post
    Gatling Guns would be awesome to see, although i know little about the civil war i do know they did appear and were used against the confederates
    Gatling guns were only used in one or two cases, and werent even issued by the Government: They were purchased by a general.