Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest thing you would like to add

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Dane Karlsen View Post
    Why not. Then we could get revenge, for the unjustified assault on our small and - back then - very, very peacefull country.

I Would love it. Allso pretty sure you could get financial support from DF
    Not sure they'd support us portraying how a nationalistic movement in the country lost us two fifths of our population and a huge chunk of land to Germany given their political agenda. :P

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Not sure they'd support us portraying how a nationalistic movement in the country lost us two fifths of our population and a huge chunk of land to Germany given their political agenda. :P

- Trusty
    Haha good point. That's why you are the Dev. And I'm just a Pvt.

But it would be awesome though.!

Id like to see a Indian Wars DLC with major battles like Wounded Knee and Little Big horn at this time Indians also had rifles and it be a cool thing with a cat and mouse hit and run skirmishes

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by NJ87Army View Post
    Id like to see a Indian Wars DLC with major battles like Wounded Knee and Little Big horn at this time Indians also had rifles and it be a cool thing with a cat and mouse hit and run skirmishes
    Considering the wholesale slaughter and subjucation of the native american nations this would be about as popular as a game about the holocaust...
    Probably best to steer clear of this one.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    Considering the wholesale slaughter and subjucation of the native american nations this would be about as popular as a game about the holocaust...
    Worked out alright for the Total War series, and looks to be working out alright for This Land is My Land.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA Major

What Melonfish said...

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    Many games have been about World War two, which had the holocaust, and did fine, since they did not focus on that. It happened, it was terrible, but that's not what the game is about. A few games have been about the Indian Wars and not constantly put in your face that it was purely rape, destruction, and other awful things like many people think and had some actual warfare and did fine.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by NJ87Army View Post
    Wounded Knee was not a battle in any way shape or form, it was a massacre.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

CSA Major

The French and Indian War would scratch several itches at once.

CSA Sergeant

F&IW isn't a crazy idea. I suppose its lack of representation in video games probably is, as the only one I can personally think of is Fields of Fire: War Along The Mohawk.

The F&IW would work with WoR's solid infantry combat: line in the open, skirmishing in wooded areas. You could even include the various Native American tribes as they took to muskets rather eagerly (or at least as Fintan O'Toole's book White Savage would have you believe). Definitely a solid idea as a successor or expansion for WoR.
    Last edited by rapier17; 11-25-2018 at 03:07 PM.