Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest thing you would like to add

USA Captain

A campaign where you pick your regiment, and role and follow their story throughout the war.

USA General of the Army

how about adding wild life, I dont know about you, But when I get near a large outcropping of rocks I LOOK hard for snakes. or when running through the woods one might encounter a rattler, or near a pond or a river, a moccasin, even deer might break away from the battle field, and hogs can be quite nasty. if at all possible. thus 1 hit from one of these would be like the first stabb, second hit a death. birds too, but they wont cause harm, just the touch of reality.. if this has been asked previously I am sorry for bringing it up again, I didnt see it.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    I don't want reptiles aggro'ing on me, but deer or turkey scattered in the fields and woods around drill camp would be a really fun meta game.

The craziest thing I want added into the game is customization options with our appearance. As long as it is correct to the regiment, why not let us choose between a frock coat or a Richmond Depot jacket or a commutation jacket? Let us choose if we want to wear a kepi, straw hat, beehive, bowler, slouch, or whatever. We should also be able to select the rank we wish to wear in-game--it is kind of annoying when Corporals spawn in as Sgt. Major's, and vice versa. Being able to choose from the different facial hairs would also be cool.

Lastly, the ability to modify our loadout to some degree, such as choosing to have an Arkansas Toothpick in our belt rather than a bayonet, would be very, very welcome.
    I think i read you will be able to wear customized uniforms like your talking about.

Certainly an admirable list for customization! I wholeheartedly endorse the Smith List!

Perhaps add a "mirror" so that one may "see" oneself's image and thereby have a visual of themselves

Kerf
    Kerf

"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade

USA Captain

Grenades!
    :

CSA Major General

Let's take the original idea with some sarcasm :

A) A field hospital where you start out as help and by doing 'a correct diagnosis/surgery' you get men faster on the field and you get promoted. (a sever the limps mini game !)
    B) A negro auction house/slave market where you can import/buy/sell to make profit to expand and buy costumisations, hope your slaveboat is unsured ! -> Oh wait, that's not crazy … it was a real part of history.

151182273-612x612.jpg

C) Plantation Tycoon : you start out with a little patch and 3 chosen slaves … will you build your imperium ? How will you threat your slaves ? What skills will your foreman have ?
    D) Prison camp tycoon : you start leading an overcrowded prison camp where life conditions are in a bad shape, how will you run your camp ?
    E) Civil war hitman : your job is to assassinate a certain general, getting different uniforms without bodies being found and blend in ! Will you sharpshoot, will you bayonette ?
    F) Civil war hangman/torturer : your job is to execute convicts or to punish unruly men, not easy to calculate a hanging … it the drop is the hard/head comes off … if the drop is to soft/persons suffocates.
    G) A gungame : you start out with an M1842 and end up with a bayonet, for every kill you rise a rank and get a new weapon, if you die you get demoted one rank … at the end there is only one winner.
    H) Star wars theme : would be hard since community will be divided which factions plays 'the rebel alliance' or the 'the empire'.
    I) X-mas event : we all throw snowballs and who get hits changes into a slow moving snowman until friendly hits 'em … top players will be able to play santa hitting players with candycanes … whatever the color the candycane is, the hit players only sees that color.
    J) Steampunk : history is changed and the confederacy won, we are now 2088 !
    K) Halloween event : carve your own pumpkin with your bayonet, the winner gets a candle to use in the dark forest map !
    L) Cavalry stable hand : you feed the horses, put on hoofs, help deliver, dress wounds and clean up ****

We already have a recruitment minigame, it involves seeing non 'tag' players pop up and sell them the sweet talk to enlistment
    Last edited by Redleader; 07-06-2018 at 01:02 PM.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Kerf Baylor View Post
    Certainly an admirable list for customization! I wholeheartedly endorse the Smith List!

Perhaps add a "mirror" so that one may "see" oneself's image and thereby have a visual of themselves

Kerf
    I stole all the mirrors, since as a vampire I get no reflection and I don't want to get exposed … civil war for me is just a eatfest, an exquisite buffet … I'm morally challenged since I only feed on the already dying -> does that make me a good vampire ?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerf Baylor View Post

Kerf

That's called going to the Drill Camp of your Faction choice and using the F4 key.

I want the ability to drop my pants and take a poo while i'm at camp. IMMERSION!!

No but seriously, speaking of immersion, the field hospital/medic thing would be cool. It could be a neat way to cut down on tickets.

USA Captain

I would like to see new role: Artist correspondent
    Player should sit in same spot for at least 10 minutes and watch at the one direction.
    After that, special filter slowly appears, which will create screenshot / 'Art' (like Oil painting).

Later correspondent shows his 'Art' to officer, or general and will give special boost.