Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest thing you would like to add

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Gatling guns were only used in one or two cases, and werent even issued by the Government: They were purchased by a general.
    Ah, As i said i dont know much about the war, But i did read about Gatling guns being used (Although they saw very limited use)

I just think they are fun, Using them in total war shogun 2 is always a good time.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by LJPII View Post
    Heck yeah! As a former Devil Dog, I wanna play as a U.S. Marine, either working one of the ships guns or assaulting the beach! I'm really hoping WoR developers get around to making the 1st Manassas battlefield so I can start up or join the Marine Battalion. Fortitudine!
    Well, there's a simpler way to address playing as a Marine. Since they're already working on Harper's Ferry, just ask politely that they add a time machine to warp you back to 1859 Harper's Ferry, and perhaps you could be part of Lt. Colonel Robert E. Lee's U.S. Marine's that neutralized John Browns assault on the U.S. Arsenal. I think that would also be really neat, though it was 3 years prior to the Maryland Campaign.
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'd like to see a more dynamic reload system that makes the player actually do it himself either by mashing keys or just doing it by the numbers in some way that would make it more complex, able to have the process interrupted and resumed, and add more variation than just a simple cookie-cutter animation one-size fits all reload sequence. Loading is such a big deal in the Civil War.
    I believe this was touched on early in the technical alpha, by at least a few players. Not sure what became of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    A reload animation split up into parts where you could cancel at part 3 and then resume at part 3 is something we would like to add in the future. Cant say when though.

Bullet penetration is something we havent tweaked yet, which is why its behaving the way it currently does. It'll most likely be sorted out sometime before the Skirmishes phase 1 releases.

Destructible glass on buildings. That is something that technically already works, it just requires the assets to be set up correctly, will most likely be fixed before skirmishes phase 1.
    I like your idea of using numbers coordinating with each step of the reload process. I think we had earlier discussed just the ability of having to press R again at each step. That way, as you suggested, if you happened to get charged and are forced to retreat, you can pick back up on your reload whenever you reach safety. Your idea of using numbers though is kind of a nice twist, because then you'd have to remember which step you were on, thereby providing the capability to potential duplicate a step (i.e. double cartridge load). I like it!!!

edit: Shit, apologies for the double post folks.
    Last edited by dmurray6; 09-05-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA Captain

having explosives i'd say...
    Like a special class carrying a barrel of explosive that can be put on the ground or rolled downhill to reach the ennemy, after igniting the fuse. would be nice to clear trenches, make diversion or generate enough smoke to move the line safely
    Also i'd like it to destroy fences, walls etc... and have a realistic area of effect
    "If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it"
    -Mark Twain

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Grimner View Post
    having explosives i'd say...
    Like a special class carrying a barrel of explosive that can be put on the ground or rolled downhill to reach the ennemy, after igniting the fuse. would be nice to clear trenches, make diversion or generate enough smoke to move the line safely
    Also i'd like it to destroy fences, walls etc... and have a realistic area of effect
    I believe you have stumbled in to the wrong game for this Grimner.

USA Captain

well the topic is about crazy ideas :P i know it most likely wont happen
    "If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it"
    -Mark Twain

USA General of the Army

NCO sword for flag carrier as basic self defence.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    NCO sword for flag carrier as basic self defence.
    Will sergeants of all types get NCO swords? (Serious question)
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA General of the Army

My Three Wishes ....
    - The ability to impale with the Guidon ... use it as a lance for self defense.
    Sacrilegious in my Book but you did say "Crazy".
    - I have been asking, from the start, for a Gatling gun that attaches to the pommel of my saddle. Go CAV!
    - The addition of River Fording.

Big Thumbs Up to the idea of Sieges!
    Would allow for tunneling and explosive breach of Fortifications for a Pioneer role.

Now ... Back to Reality. heh
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    The whole entire eastern half of the continental USA and make us as players have to march from battle to battle!!!