Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle of Antietam Sunday September 17th EU & NA Event

Exclamation The Battle of Antietam Sunday September 17th EU & NA Event

The Battle of Antietam Sunday September 17th EU & NA EVENT

155th Anniversary EU Event 4pm EST NA Event 8pm EST

On September 17th 1862, the Battle of Antietam was fought. It was the bloodiest day in American history with 22,000 casulties in just one day of fighting. However the battles outcome was rather inconclusive. General Robert E. Lee led his brave Confederates into Maryland, taking the war to the north for the first time. Union Commander General McClellan, who had a vastly larger and one of the best supplied armies in American history faced down his foe in Sharpsburg, Maryland, along Antietam Creek. Although the Confederates pushed back many Union advances, they were forced to retreat back into Virginia. McClellan could claim victory but, it was undoubtedly a pyric one. After the battle President Lincoln unveiled the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves of their bonds for ever more.

This month on the 17th will be the 155th anniversary of this epic battle. Ironically on the same day as i hold my Sunday Community Events. I shall hold two events on the great day of carnage. First at 4pm EST focused for EU players, the next at my regularly scheduled 8pm EST for the NA players. However both EU & NA Companies are welcome to attend both battles. Commanders, please let me know if your companies will be attending and how many men you can muster into the field for the event. I shall organize the events accordingly.

I do ask however that all who attend do so with good intentions, and plan to work together as a team. Commanders and they're subbordinates are expected to act as men of honor, and represent their companies accordingly. We hold this event to honor all those who bravely fought and died during this great struggle. We shall represent those noble men with pride and valor. I would also like to take this time to thank all those who have attended the Sunday community events for the last two months. All sides have conducted themselves well, and kept this great community together and have helped promote War of Rights to those who have yet to get the game. Recently we have been able to hold USA VS CSA events, so that both federals and rebels can fight with pride and represent their beliefs of freedom and states rights! May god bless all of you, America, and all those who we honor with this event that risked and threw down their lives for the principles of freedom and justice.

Below are a few of the latest Sunday Events that I personally organize and lead. Special thanks to Calibrated Core, Captain Cody of the 42nd Virginia (Ewell's Division) & Sgt. Saris of the 1st TX Regiment. Make sure to show your support to these wonderful guys and click that SUBSCRIBE button!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-Jbu6Al6I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pruC_bKZTI&t=506s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt3bcBpox7E&t=835s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_b...03933673198516
    Last edited by PAIOLETTI; 09-05-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by PAIOLETTI View Post
    The Battle of Antietam Sunday September 17th EU & NA EVENT

155th Anniversary EU Event 4pm EST NA Event 8pm EST

On September 17th 1862, the Battle of Antietam was fought. It was the bloodiest day in American history with 22,000 casulties in just one day of fighting. However the battles outcome was rather inconclusive. General Robert E. Lee led his brave Confederates into Maryland, taking the war to the north for the first time. Union Commander General McClellan, who had a vastly larger and one of the best supplied armies in American history faced down his foe in Sharpsburg, Maryland, along Antietam Creek. Although the Confederates pushed back many Union advances, they were forced to retreat back into Virginia. McClellan could claim victory but, it was undoubtedly a pyric one. After the battle President Lincoln unveiled the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves of their bonds for ever more.

This month on the 17th will be the 155th anniversary of this epic battle. Ironically on the same day as i hold my Sunday Community Events. I shall hold two events on the great day of carnage. First at 4pm EST focused for EU players, the next at my regularly scheduled 8pm EST for the NA players. However both EU & NA Companies are welcome to attend both battles. Commanders, please let me know if your companies will be attending and how many men you can muster into the field for the event. I shall organize the events accordingly.

I do ask however that all who attend do so with good intentions, and plan to work together as a team. Commanders and they're subbordinates are expected to act as men of honor, and represent their companies accordingly. We hold this event to honor all those who bravely fought and died during this great struggle. We shall represent those noble men with pride and valor. I would also like to take this time to thank all those who have attended the Sunday community events for the last two months. All sides have conducted themselves well, and kept this great community together and have helped promote War of Rights to those who have yet to get the game. Recently we have been able to hold USA VS CSA events, so that both federals and rebels can fight with pride and represent their beliefs of freedom and states rights! May god bless all of you, America, and all those who we honor with this event that risked and threw down their lives for the principles of freedom and justice.

Below are a few of the latest Sunday Events that I personally organize and lead. Special thanks to Calibrated Core, Captain Cody of the 42nd Virginia (Ewell's Division) & Sgt. Saris of the 1st TX Regiment. Make sure to show your support to these wonderful guys and click that SUBSCRIBE button!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-Jbu6Al6I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pruC_bKZTI&t=506s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt3bcBpox7E&t=835s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_b...03933673198516
    Hi yaa!

Looking great wooooow vey interesting !

i hope we ll can do it with you ^^
    Captain P. Clebrune
    Commander of
    Company F "French Legion"

In 6th Louisana Tiger Batallion

Hope you don't mind if little old bugler Bates shows up for realism

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Is there no video of the valiant defeat the rebs faced this past weekend? lol

CSA Major

"To Captain PAIOLETTI Ewell's 1st Division. The 21st North Carolina Company A is mustering a detachment. Unknown amount of troops. Will send additional telegram detailing reinforcements."

"Go get em boys! "

P.S. I hope everyone can get a big turnout for such an important 155th Anniversary. I hope to see tons o' Rebs, and Yankees a-like!
    Last edited by Revan; 09-05-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Thank you everyone for the support! I hope to see you all there and all are invited to come. Also I have received multiple private messages and i know many will be away for reenactments. However if you wish to inform your subordinates i would be proud to have all your companies attend the event.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

USA General of the Army

I hope to be there.

USA Lieutenant General

Looking forward to it, will be there!

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Is there no video of the valiant defeat the rebs faced this past weekend? lol
    Someone should have recorded it because it rarely happens xD
    "May we find a fruitful path in our endeavours, and show strength to our enemy's as we gallantly charge to meet them on the field of battle!"-
    Captain of the 11th MS Company F "Noxubee Rifles"

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Squiggles View Post
    Someone should have recorded it because it rarely happens xD
    Because the 2nd Massachusetts did not exist until the end of the summer