Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huricane Irma

Huricane Irma

To all my fellow Floridians and other Southerners in the states of Georgia, South and North Carolina to be safe from Hurricane Irma. I hope no damage comes to your property, and no pain to yourselves, friends, and loved ones. God Bless and I wish for everyone to be safe.

- Cholland619
    8th Fl Co.A

USA Captain

Stay safe, you have all my support from Italy

CSA Captain

Thanks brother. I'm in West Palm Beach..so we are getting it hard tomorrow. Stay safe and see you in the other side!

USA Brigadier General

I'm in NC, Im ready for any power outages or etc.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign

CSA Major

Everyone my family knows in Florida is staying for the storm even my cousins, I don't understand why.

Hurricane Katrina was only a cat 3 and it destroyed whole cities and towns along the gulf coast, I stayed for Katrina (I was in Mississippi near Biloxi at the time) but I don't think I'd stay for Irma.

Be safe, Hurricane Jose (another cat 4)is right behind Irma but I dont think it will hit yall or us.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Everyone my family knows in Florida is staying for the storm even my cousins, I don't understand why.

Hurricane Katrina was only a cat 3 and it destroyed whole cities and towns along the gulf coast, I stayed for Katrina (I was in Mississippi near Biloxi at the time) but I don't think I'd stay for Irma.

Be safe, Hurricane Jose (another cat 4)is right behind Irma but I dont think it will hit yall or us.
    Wasn't Katrina so bad because it broke some of New Orleans' leeves which flooded 80% of the city and not because of its cat 3?
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Wasn't Katrina so bad because it broke some of New Orleans' leeves which flooded 80% of the city and not because of its cat 3?
    Partly. New Orleans wasn't the worst hit though, the Mississippi coast was. The east side of the storm is always the worst side. New Orleans only got in trouble because of the levees failing, if not for that New Orleans wouldn't have had much dmg.

The MS gulf coast was destroyed by the storm surge of almost 30ft, the highest storm surge to ever hit the US. Katrina wiped out whole towns in Mississippi.
    Last edited by Legion; 09-09-2017 at 01:41 AM.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Partly. New Orleans wasn't the worst hit though, the Mississippi coast was. The east side of the storm is always the worst side. New Orleans only got in trouble because of the levees failing, if not for that New Orleans wouldn't have had much dmg.

The MS gulf coast was destroyed by the storm surge of almost 30ft, the highest storm surge to ever hit the US. Katrina wiped out whole towns in Mississippi.
    I still remember the night I was evacuating with my family. We headed up close to Lufkin to ride out the storm with my cousins. My dad had to ride out the storm in Houston since his work wouldn't close because Katrina wasn't hitting Texas directly.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I still remember the night I was evacuating with my family. We headed up close to Lufkin to ride out the storm with my cousins. My dad had to ride out the storm in Houston since his work wouldn't close because Katrina wasn't hitting Texas directly.
    My family stayed, can't remember why though. We were near the coast and suffered some dmg to our house, part of the roof collapsed and hour house shifted on the foundation leaving a big crack in the wall throughout the whole house. We were lucky though our house didn't flood, my dads house was closer to the coast and it flooded.

CSA Colonel

The map I keep seeing the most for Irma is smashing Florida then heading up the coast. But when it gets to the Chesapeake it will go into it.... This storm is gonna make landfall and go out to sea and come back again and again. Last storm to do that was Hurricane Gloria. Let's not forget a Hurricane saved America in the War of 1812... just trying to raise morale.
    Last edited by DomDowg; 09-09-2017 at 04:11 AM.