Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You're Invited!

Tampa, Florida, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

You're Invited!

Since I know there are a LOT of folks currently playing WoR who like war games, AND are on Steam, I thought I'd toss this out for those who might not know.

World War II Online is currently in "staggered release" on Steam. They have released for players in North and South America. They're releasing for European players now. UK and Ireland have released and the rest of Europe will follow as soon as the devs get a bug corrected in the account name field, for those with non English characters in their names. After that, Asia is set to release, then the Pacific region. 100% release is planned by the 22nd of this month.

The download and first month of play are free. After that, there is a subscription fee or you can continue to play for free, in a limited capacity, with a bolt action rifle or submachinegun, or driving a truck in a support role.

It's DEFINITELY worth giving at least the free month a try. I hope to see some of you ingame.

S! (salute)

-Irish
    "Forward, Bucktails, there's fun ahead!" -Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Leiper Kane
    The Bucktails were said to be all superior marksmen, and during the first year of the war they distinguished themselves as skirmishers and sharpshooters. -The Gettysburg Daily
    ODonovan on Star Citizen - odonovan1 on World War II Online - Formerly @Power Play on City of Heroes

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by O'Donovan View Post
    Since I know there are a LOT of folks currently playing WoR who like war games, AND are on Steam, I thought I'd toss this out for those who might not know.

World War II Online is currently in "staggered release" on Steam. They have released for players in North and South America. They're releasing for European players now. UK and Ireland have released and the rest of Europe will follow as soon as the devs get a bug corrected in the account name field, for those with non English characters in their names. After that, Asia is set to release, then the Pacific region. 100% release is planned by the 22nd of this month.

The download and first month of play are free. After that, there is a subscription fee or you can continue to play for free, in a limited capacity, with a bolt action rifle or submachinegun, or driving a truck in a support role.

It's DEFINITELY worth giving at least the free month a try. I hope to see some of you ingame.

S! (salute)

-Irish
    I tried it a couple of days ago but the game glitched when I was running through the training.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Tampa, Florida, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    They're working on that as we speak (type). There is also a bug with some players being unable to adjust their screen resolution. All will be fixed soon. Try again every few hours.

-Irish
    The Bucktails were said to be all superior marksmen, and during the first year of the war they distinguished themselves as skirmishers and sharpshooters. -The Gettysburg Daily
    ODonovan on Star Citizen - odonovan1 on World War II Online - Formerly @Power Play on City of Heroes

CSA Major

This has been a long time coming. An FYI, the free to play version lasts past a month, there is no limit on it. I haven't tried it out on Steam yet, probably will on Sunday. When they released the free to play option it was a huge relief although I don't mind subscribing as long as I'm playing it often enough. Just avoid eating out once a moth to pay for your monthly subscription

I was in the german HQ from 2000 - 2004, part of the player High Command. We were part of the 7th Panzer Division.

Some good memories fighting in france, attacking a town with 160 Panzer

We've been used to having one or two AOs (attack orders aka battles - towns/cities being fought over) at a time. The release isn't even complete yet and they've already been having as many as six AOs and large dogfights going on over the contested territory. It's getting real, folks!

-Irish

Also, visit the forums to find the latest information, hints and tutorials, and to report any problems.

http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/

-Irish

looks interesting ^^ I will keep an Eye on it

USA Major

Definitely looks interesting, I'm surely gonna play it. Unfortunately, it seems it can quickly become quite expensive.

That is a lot of personal information though!Udklip.JPG
    Last edited by VOLCUSGAMING; 09-16-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by VOLCUSGAMING View Post
    Definitely looks interesting, I'm surely gonna play it. Unfortunately, it seems it can quickly become quite expensive.

Udklip.JPG
    I played the game for ten years 2001 to 2011 they had options that made it less expensive paying by the year or 1/2 year, 3 months ect. They also have cheaper tier options. Last but not least the free play option lets you play free with limited options rifle, smg, transport truck. I have had the free play option for several years which is still active.