Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teamspeak in events

CSA Captain

Teamspeak in events

So one thing that's been going on for a while now that really grinds my gears is during big events, certain large companies all getting in a teamspeak and using that as their only means of communication. This is terrible for the team as not everyone is in there and it completely eliminates any communication between companies. There have been plenty of time on full servers where there is complete silence in game because everyone is talking on teamspeak. I try and communicate with them but they're not listening because they're listening to the TS. Teamspeak is great for organizing your troops and telling them what to do if they are too far away or dead. But when we are all on a point or gathering up for a charge and its completely silent in VOIP that is detrimental to the team. I hope this can encourage larger companies to utilize VOIP to ensure everyone can communicate and is aware of the battle plan and whats going on.
    2Lt. Obadiah Peyton. 2nd Georgia Infantry Company G

Ancestors:
    Major Charles S Peyton - 19th Virginia Infantry
    John Daniel Belcher - 13th Georgia Infantry
    Elijah Clark Belcher - 47th Georgia Infantry
    William Hughes - 7th Wisconsin Infantry
    Cpt. Thomas J Peyton - Fry's Company, Virginia Light Artillery

Im totaly agree with Gator.

USA Captain

I'm not a fan of it either, the 3D voice system really adds to the immersion I'd say. But there isn't an awful lot we can do about it I'm afraid, not on public servers anyway.

CSA Major

Private servers find opponents who are willing to play with in-game voice only. Also would not mind to have a battle using teamspeak on a rare occasion but overall with the in-game voice that adds a lot of fun. I hope to sent out messengers and have that communication hurdle to overcome.

CSA Lieutenant General

I agree with this sentiment as well. My cynical side says that the EULA they could include with WoR could allow for checking for a locally running TS process, but no one would agree to that, and it wouldn't satisfy someone running TS on separate platform from their WoR machine. When launching WoR, if a TS process is found running prompt with a dialogue box that reads "We're sorry, War of Rights refuses to launch when Team Speak is present" .........mauahahahaha
    Last edited by dmurray6; 09-18-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    I agree with this sentiment as well. My cynical side says that the EULA they could include with WoR could allow for checking for a locally running TS process, but no one would agree to that, and it wouldn't satisfy someone running TS on separate platform from their WoR machine. When launching WoR, if a TS process if found running prompt with a dialogue box that reads "We're sorry, War of Rights refuses to launch when Team Speak is present" .........mauahahahaha
    That would be ridiculous. I run TeamSpeak permanently whether I'm playing War of Rights or not. Folk do like to chat 'out-of-topic' at the same time as playing video games.
    There is very little that can be done about this other than trust and hope there are like-minded individuals/groups around at the time.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    That would be ridiculous. I run TeamSpeak permanently whether I'm playing War of Rights or not. Folk do like to chat 'out-of-topic' at the same time as playing video games.
    There is very little that can be done about this other than trust and hope there are like-minded individuals/groups around at the time.
    This and with the voice chat bug teamspeak is kinda important for groups
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    I'm guessing you missed the small parts of my statement that said
    My cynical side says
    as well as,
    but no one would agree to that
    also to be followed up with
    .........mauahahahaha
    c'mon folks, not everything here is a serious suggestion. No further responses required justifying why you want TS running while you play WoR...sheesh.
    Last edited by dmurray6; 09-18-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Major General

i agree with the OP, I use TS, but most all of us rely on the in game voice for battle... (I don't think Lee would have won a battle had the union had TS)
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

Whenever we're training or doing events, most of us over at the 6th are all in Discord together. When I issue or repeat commands, I usually do so in Discord & in-game at the same time. If people can't hear me due to a bug ingame, then they'll hear me through Discord. Sure, it can cause some confusion if we've split the company for the battle, but it ultimately helps remove the 'Ingame voice chat not working' variable. Whenever someone joins in that's not in our Discord, we'll just use ingame for commands, and keep our irrelevant chatter on Discord.

It often seems that people who exclusively use an out-of-game communication program, don't realize they're curbing the growth of a community. By keeping to your own little groups during public events, you're not opening up to new players, and you're limiting the dynamic and emergent gameplay that comes with it.