Thread: Black screen when starting WoR

Unhappy Black screen when starting WoR

Hello

Yesterday I pledged myself as a Major and had no problems starting up the game.
    Like an hour ago I disabled the full screen option in the graphics menu and since then the black screen began showing up.
    First it was only when I tried to join a server, but now I can't even see the starting menu or loading screen.
    Can anyone help me? I've tried several options listed in other threads but nothing seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by OberfeldwebelJ View Post
    Hello

Yesterday I pledged myself as a Major and had no problems starting up the game.
    Like an hour ago I disabled the full screen option in the graphics menu and since then the black screen began showing up.
    First it was only when I tried to join a server, but now I can't even see the starting menu or loading screen.
    Can anyone help me? I've tried several options listed in other threads but nothing seems to work.
    Sorry to hear it!

Please head into your windows drive (usually C), the users folder, your username, saved games and delete your War of Rights folder there. That'll clear up all saved user settings and return them to default.

- Trusty

Thank you, it worked! The game looks incredibly nice but I'll need a better pc
    Very glad to have pledged.

Quote Originally Posted by OberfeldwebelJ View Post
    Thank you, it worked! The game looks incredibly nice but I'll need a better pc
    Very glad to have pledged.
    Excellent!

Thank you very much for the kind words and for your support of the development of the game.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Hi Trusty,
    Tried getting onto the servers today and I keep getting a black screen too. I can get into the browser menu and when I select a server I get the loading screen no problems. At the point I spawn in, the screen turns black and stays like that. I get audio of crickets etc. but nothing else. I tried deleting the saved games folder as suggested but no joy. Not sure if its the last couple of patches as I haven't played since last Sunday. Any other ideas much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
    Hi Trusty,
    Tried getting onto the servers today and I keep getting a black screen too. I can get into the browser menu and when I select a server I get the loading screen no problems. At the point I spawn in, the screen turns black and stays like that. I get audio of crickets etc. but nothing else. I tried deleting the saved games folder as suggested but no joy. Not sure if its the last couple of patches as I haven't played since last Sunday. Any other ideas much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Johnny
    Were you joining the EU servers? We're currently running those on a different dev testing version of the game so joining them will result in a failure at the moment.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Yes, that's the problem. Just jumped onto the NA servers and its fine,
    Thanks Trusty!