Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Priorities

We have two programmers full time, myself and fancy full time as well and the rest of the dev team is on a part time schedule.

I’d also like to point out that we have released a new skirmish area every second or third week since the release of the alpha (making our total number of accurate skirmish areas 9 compared to the 3 we launched skirmishes with).

Know that every single bit collected via the crowdfunding campaign goes towards making the game better in the form of giving us more time to work on it without having to risk pushing out an incomplete product to the masses on Steam in order to not go under due to lacking funds. In short, less funds gathered would have meant you’d gotten the game sooner. It would also mean an incomplete and lacking game with very bleak prospects in the future.

We appreciate the support we’ve gotten so much. Rushing towards a bad release in order to turn a quick profit would be the absolute worst use of the money of our backers.

- Trusty

Also worth mentioning, 500K is the whole sum and that include everything from the kickstarter campaign to crowdfunding through the website since late 2015.
    Before the start of 2016, WoR had developers who come and go working on voluntary part-time basis. You could say that serious development truly start in early 2016.

While I myself am a paid part-time employee (since character art isn't a top priority), I do hope to be on a full-time basis when there is enough resource for such.

Kingdom Come did get around one million (and much more through their site) during their kickstarter. It is a much bigger and more ambitious game.
    They also have Deep Silver as a publisher in addition.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    A few days ago we changed how morale scales based on server population. A few days prior to that we changed how melee works (adding a directional based system, a two hit effect system and more).

The upcoming week will most likely see the deployment of a proximity group based buff system set to radically altering the very core of how the game is won.

Sorry if you believe we’re not working hard.

- Trusty
    I stated in my post that I'm not saying that you guys aren't working hard, you just don't seem to be focusing your hard work on things that matter.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    As far as I am aware, there are only three full-time staff based in Copenhagen (Trusty, Fancy and ???) - the rest are pulled in as and when. CFG are not at a liberty to plough money directly into the hiring of developers and, whilst $500,000 is quite a lot of money for a small studio, it is literal peanuts to other companies who have staff working in the multiples of ten. I'm certain that they could invest that money into another developer or two but then they're burning through the funds at a rate that was not accounted for - that's when the game goes bust and then there's no 'significant new content'. I trust that CFG have fully accounted for their funds and time with regards to pushing along into each update phase. Throwing more men at development does not necessarily improve output, although it will certainly negatively affect the bank account.

As a sidenote, and an example that more money and more developers do not necessarily fully-realise a complete game. I have been in the Kingdom Come: Deliverance project since the Kickstarter in January 2014. The game is still in beta and will not be launched as a full version until next year - Warhorse Studios have 50+ folk working for them full time and earned slightly over one million pounds at the time of the Kickstarter ending. Why isn't their game already out mate? Why aren't you playing it? Get to it!
    There is a difference between a full scale RPG with a story line, quests, huge world, thousands of models for different weapons, armors and other stuff, and a multiplayer game where you shoot muskets at each other, my only reason for this post is because of the tiny insignificant updates such as value adjusting to make things darker or brighter or adding a patch of grass next to a building, as a man that has donated towards this game, I honestly don't care about that, I want to see real progress like new uniforms, new systems such as the directional melee system, work on horses, manually operated artillery, I'm not saying that all of this will be done in a month or even 6 months but from we've been seeing, the updates just don't equal the amount of resources available to the guys at CFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    There is a difference between a full scale RPG with a story line, quests, huge world, thousands of models for different weapons, armors and other stuff, and a multiplayer game where you shoot muskets at each other, my only reason for this post is because of the tiny insignificant updates such as value adjusting to make things darker or brighter or adding a patch of grass next to a building, as a man that has donated towards this game, I honestly don't care about that, I want to see real progress like new uniforms, new systems such as the directional melee system, work on horses, manually operated artillery, I'm not saying that all of this will be done in a month or even 6 months but from we've been seeing, the updates just don't equal the amount of resources available to the guys at CFG.
    How do you know they aren't working on large additions?

Also, the game is a bit more than "shooting muskets at eachother,"
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major

Diversey ought become Team Leader and Executive in Chief of Campfire Games. He does seem to have a real understanding of the long-term design here and, most importantly, would be able to motivate Trusty and Fancy into delivering what we all really need - meaningful updates.

Come on guys, enough with the placement of new grass meshes.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Diversey ought become Team Leader and Executive in Chief of Campfire Games. He does seem to have a real understanding of the long-term design here and, most importantly, would be able to motivate Trusty and Fancy into delivering what we all really need - meaningful updates.

Come on guys, enough with the placement of new grass meshes.
    I hope I can get that hefty 200,000k salary as President and chief of CFG.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    How do you know they aren't working on large additions?

Also, the game is a bit more than "shooting muskets at eachother,"
    Is it now?

Btw whoever said that I should donate more than $1 to have the right to bitch about the game, it's actually $15 thanks.

I find your statement regarding updates not matching our funds rather absurd.

Have you created a multiplayer game before?

You must have created a cryengine multiplayer game with a heavy focus on authenticity before you can claim to know how quick we ought to create stuff for the funds we have available.

If you haven’t (Hint, there are none around) I fail to see how you can pass such judgement on us.

You claim you’re not saying we’re not working hard enough yet you claim we’re not producing enough with the funds we have - how does that not translate to not working hard enough?

- Trusty

I hope I can get that hefty 200,000k salary as President and chief of CFG.
    Being a co-founder of Campfire games will get you about as much a month as if you were without a job in this country.

- Trusty