Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Stonewall Jackson's second Corps (NA/EU)

CSA Captain

Is this Corp still active?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Yes, in particular the 1st Georgia (Regulars), 6th Louisiana, and 3rd Arkansas are very active (several are in-game now, as we speak--you can identify us by the II- in our tags).
    Thanks rbsmith, there may be active Companies but is the 'Command & Corp' active?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

Please be a little clearer about what you are asking ...
    I can certainly spend a great deal of time explaining how our Corps Command Structure operates but I have neither the time nor desire to write such a long post.

II Corps is made up of quite a few Companies that vary greatly in size and Alpha Testing activity.
    Some have almost everyone in Alpha while others, mine included, have little desire to deal with the constant Alpha problems and are waiting for a more stable BETA Test period.

I hope that answers your question, if that was the info you were looking for.

In rereading your post I should also add ...
    We have 8 members of our Corps Administrative Command who communicate daily and meet every Sunday before Corps Drill.
    We are split into Brigades, which in turn are split into Battalions, who have their own meetings and drill times.
    Most of our Communications occur on Teamspeak and our Steam Group as it tends to be a friendlier place to post than this Forum.
    Beyond that I am not sure what you mean by "Active".
    Last edited by John Cooley; 10-16-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Please be a little clearer about what you are asking ...
    I can certainly spend a great deal of time explaining how our Corps Command Structure operates but I have neither the time nor desire to write such a long post.
    Sir,

You have spoken to me 'in person' at length about the structure and the place of Companies within it, I was asking if the Corps as an organisation was still active as opposed to on hold (or at ease) over this, up until now, quiet period. I noted the last post, before I posted, was dated 28/8/2018. I was interested as to the current state of the group having drilled with it some months ago with a mind to transfer into it. I hoped that it was active and that it was in fact merely AWOL from the boards!

I hope too its answered your concerns about my request!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

Ah, that makes perfect sense ... Thank you.
    Yes our Forum Activity has been greatly curtailed.
    There are multiple reasons for this but rest assured II- is still the largest and most active unit in WoR and we plan to remain so.
    Most recruiting is now conducted in-game and I am not sure many of us still use these Threads to do much more than welcome new Recruits and post Historical information.
    We have a select few who check these threads daily (I do multiple times daily) and any relevant info is posted in our Steam group for the Corps Members to see.

Perhaps BETA will change these dynamics but presently we are focusing on game play and you can always find some of us at every event ... most of which we run.

Any unit that wishes to check things out before joining can contact anyone of rank above Major to get the proper permissions for the Teamspeak and Steam.
    There is a probationary period in which both the Prospecting Unit and II- Staff can work together and see if it is the right fit for both parties.
    This is borne from having been burned in the past by "poser" units whose sole goal was to disrupt the Corps and it is intended to protect the Prospecting Company just as much as II Corps.

While we made a great many changes to"How" we run business be assured that we DO conduct business and we are very easy to reach, at any level of the Chain of Command.
    Feel free to continue asking questions because, even though text can be easily misconstrued and meanings unintentionally inferred, it is currently the best First Step to joining a great group of guys who plan to continue dominating the battlefield for years to come.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout

USA Captain

Nice thread. I’m proud to been part of this Corp.

USA Sergeant

Some more pictures from yesterdays Drill and Event! Great Corps to be a part of, the 1st Virginia Cav is honored to be associated with the II Corps!

oldtest3.jpg

oldtest2.jpg

oldtest4.jpg
    US Army
    2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment
    1-2ID

CSA Captain

"Hi mum!"

Thats me 14th from the left, rear rank.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

Updated List of Full Member Companies on page #1

Prospecting Companies are not listed but currently consist of ...
    1st Louisiana Co D
    1st NC Co A
    2nd Virginia Co A
    1st Virginia Cavalry Co B
    D'Aquin's Battery A
    Troup's Battery A
    114th PA Co A (Union)

(Message me if I missed anyone)

Several more are currently in talks regarding becoming Prospects.

Charter Changes will be added once Tier 2 is done voting next Monday.
    Last edited by John Cooley; 10-22-2018 at 06:51 PM.

CSA Captain

I found the whole Drill experience, calm, professional and fun. The II have a great Esprit de Corps!
    4th Texas 'C' Company