Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield 1842

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I don't see any drop in usability for the gun with the new morale system, in fact it has a chance to do more damage if you know what ammunition to use for the different scenarios. That's saying too little for a gun that has the potential to kill a lot in close combat.
    If you believe the Roundball has as much use as the Bucknball other than to save Bucknball for later, then someone or you have totally mislead yourself.

Timo wrote:the weapons aren't to blame.

Just unbelievable. So you're okay with a hypothetical situation?

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    If you believe the Roundball has as much use as the Bucknball other than to save Bucknball for later, then someone or you have totally mislead yourself.

Timo wrote:the weapons aren't to blame.

Just unbelievable. So you're okay with a hypothetical situation?
    Well what are you going to do while you wait for the enemy to get close? Don't fire? Use round ball until the enemy gets close then switch.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Well what are you going to do while you wait for the enemy to get close? Don't fire? Use round ball until the enemy gets close then switch.
    Thats fine. It just sounded like you were implying that the Roundball certainly has a more viable use than this one. Its the only reason I would use it.

CSA Major

For the love of God, fix this almost totally useless Gun. You guys are limiting its potential by 70-80%. And then you put the 2nd MS who uses exclusively this gun, on Hookers Attack Skirmish. Besides it not being realistic as they were not here at this skirmish ( later they were as depicted in the next skirmish ), it seems this skirmish was designed for total failure for the Confederates as they are pretty helpless in the open field with a gun that is only good for 20-30 yards ( and this is definitely not a guaranteed kill shooting at a single individual ). If the Union cant win this skirmish, then I dont know what to say lol.
    agreed it is lacking to much.

CSA Captain

I could actually give some stats on the success rate of this gun, but no one cares so wont. Especially when Confeds themselves tend to sabotage any efforts. Devs wont respond, so whatever. But if any Devs are reading this, the 1855 front blade sight has a graphical glitch that throws people off too. Its as if the top right section of it is missing. A small chip so to speak.

CSA Major

I could actually give some stats on the success rate of this gun, but no one cares so wont. Especially when Confeds themselves tend to sabotage any efforts. Devs wont respond, so whatever. But if any Devs are reading this, the 1855 front blade sight has a graphical glitch that throws people off too. Its as if the top right section of it is missing. A small chip so to speak.
    Have you posted the statistics before?
    Post some real research with a proper analysis and I'm sure CFG will respond. As of right now, this thread contains only subjective responses and opinion.
    Last edited by Leifr; 11-03-2017 at 10:26 PM.

USA General of the Army

You guys moan about 2ndMS, try being the 69thNY or 8thOH (8thOH spawn with both '42 and the '55 at random) on Sunken Lane xD

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    You guys moan about 2ndMS, try being the 69thNY or 8thOH (8thOH spawn with both '42 and the '55 at random) on Sunken Lane xD
    Clearly you haven't read the comments it's about the statistics of the ingame rifle not about a particular company

CSA Captain

Ok, here are my findings for the most two important ranges as any closer or further, would further show this guns incompetency. Taking 80 shots per Roundball and BucknBall round at the two different ranges which is very fair. And bear in mind, when there were instances of border-lining between either wounding or killing shot vitals, I gave the benefit of the doubt for the kill, so thats more than enough for fairness.

At 25 yards:
    Roundball: 32%
    BucknBall: 47%
    Shooting at a line formation shoulder to shoulder: some killing ( concerning the BnB round, the Roundballs impact is neglible ) the adjacent man beside your designated target.
    very few double kills
    One triple kill

30 Yards:
    Roundball: 23%
    BucknBall: 31%
    Shooting at a line formation shoulder to shoulder: A very slight increase if any with BnB hitting the adjacent man beside the designated target. Roundball has a very slight increase.
    Double kills: same as 25 yards if not less
    Triple kills: none

For a more accurate representation, you would need someone to sit in as the target, as they can tell if they have been wounded or killed and I know no one who actually has the time or effort that it would take. My killing zone is from the Waistline on above to the Head. The Vitals. Now what is WoRs interpretation of this, I have no idea and as of now at least, wounding means nothing unless you're Bayoneted or Clubbed over your Noggin. Now some may think OMG, you got double/triple kills ( which was only one triple, and you will not see that at any other range )!!!! such an awesome weapon!!! .... uhhhh, no. Its actually further testimony to the guns unhistorical incompetence. But as you can see, a 5 yard difference in range made a drastic difference in hit percentage. All this with a 5-yard difference in range. With Roundball that was effective 50-75+ yards.

I'll also give some real life stats by the Author Claud Fuller: 50 shots with 3 different rounds at a 10'x10' target. Now thats only 3.3x3.3 yards
    100 yards:
    Minieball: 48 hits
    Roundball: 37
    BucknBall: 79
    Total for BnB: 116

200 Yards:
    Minieball: 37
    Roundball:18
    BucknBall: 31
    Total for BnB: 49

Now is it just me, or do I see something amiss here? I do agree that the Buck past 100 yards probably wouldnt have a higher percentage chance of killing unless hit in Head/Neck or losing your potency for future family-making. When the BucknBall came out for the first time, it was far better than what we have now, 1-2 days later, all that changed to what we have now. I smell some Yankee bias/influence somewhere as the greater proportion of this gun is assigned to CSA compared to Union, by far so that is their advantage. I'm all about keeping things historical just as WoR claims it wants to be. But its not showing in this regard, not close. By the way, I would still rather have a Rifle than the 1842 even if it was fixed correctly. Theres also some other issues that have no concern with this topic. If Devs want to hear about it, I will spill it.

Edit: I redid the test for Roundball at 30 yards just in case there was some super wild fluke going on. 18% to 23% now ( including both tests combined for a total of 160 shots, is 20%) . It is a change for the better and I'll go with it. I also need to clarify the stats for Claud Fullers findings with number of projectiles landing instead of percentage. Now his findings arent as detailed as mine in one important regard, we're shooting at the same size target ( enough room for 3 standing soldiers in line ) but he doesnt state if any would be killing shots. Regardless it still gives some idea of the '42s range and capability.
    Last edited by Goad; 11-06-2017 at 02:24 PM.

To be fair, a military weapon trial is about as good as it gets for the gun. An average private with no training in being able to aim probably would do much worse.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png