Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield 1842

CSA Captain

Well could a developer shine his wisdom over this matter? I say the rifle is way off in accuracy compared to the real life weapon of that time, taking in consideration distance etc.
    This has nothing to do with tactics or playing it smart. Just my opinion the rifle needs some tweaking.

Thank you all for your feedback.

I've felt the weapon needed looking at for quite some time as well. We'll certainly reevaluate all weapon settings at some point - can't say when though.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you all for your feedback.

I've felt the weapon needed looking at for quite some time as well. We'll certainly reevaluate all weapon settings at some point - can't say when though.

- Trusty
    Thank you very much. I believe that will make a difference in curtain maps and will give the edge some are looking for on the CSA side to defend and win battles.

CSA Major

can you just take it out for now and give us the sharps just for testing purposes

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    ... Just my opinion the rifle needs some tweaking.
    Good thing it's your "opinion". , because the weapon of subject is the 1842 .69 caliber Smoothbore Musket, it's not a rifle.

And thus being Smoothbore is part of the contention here. Smoothbores are blatantly inaccurate. The bore of the weapon being a tad larger than the .69 diameter of the ball, the windage of a round ball bouncing down the barrel after firing is the major problem. Depending on where the ball was, in bounce, would pretty much determine the final trajectory of the ball.

That said however, when shooting Minnies, (elongated modern bullet shaped rounds,) lessened the chaotic windage problem of this weapon.

But the .69 had some weight to it and gravity is a bitch to overcome.

CSA Captain

Okay wiseguy indeed not a rifle. and you can copy past all that info doesn't change the fact the in game weapon is way off. And the devs agree to look into the matter

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I didn't copy and paste anything. I'm on my damned phone. I typed what you read one letter at a time, and the information came from my vast historical knowledge of civil war weapons. In fact I was still editing the first comment while you replied.

And I never said it was accurate.

CSA Captain

Well reaction comes when you type a wrong word and you got a guy jumping on you like a cat on a damned phone, like ahaa I got you. And that is my problem with the forums. Anyway I know the type is not a accurate weapon but compared to the real one this lacks to much in distance and sways to much off at a short distance it is all a tad to much off. You can test this yourself. Get a victim standing in front of a tent and try it out from different distances. Percentage of the trajectory is off to much

CSA Captain

AP Hill, with all that vast knowledge you have, You should have been the very first one to say something about this gun instead of hunting Squirrels in the damn woods like you used to.

USA General of the Army

I haven't heard anyone mention how they are aiming the gun. From my experience with dialing it in at the gun range I got to be fairly accurate with it on the far targets. That's something I didn't see in the statistics that were posted. Where were the shots aimed, all at the same point or were they compensating for bullet drop?