Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Affairs as of 10/30/17

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Numitor View Post
    Well, nobody has to follow and obey the guy who picked the officer class. If you are discontent with the officer's performance just don't listen to him.
    Means your not going to follow an officer/Company ... And then your "Out of line" Its demoralizing not to have an, just somewhat qualified officer.

This game core is the "Leadership" and line formations, true to the autentic way of battel in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Defeating an enemy line/lowering their morale, receiving reinforcements, flag being picked back up(when flag mechanics are implemented), officer coming in to lead, taking a point, forming a line in formation, and etc.
    Not to discredit your suggestions, but personally I would suggest "pushing" or moving farther and farther into territory generally owned by the enemy should increase morale, and for on the defense, you should receive an equal in power morale bonus when reinforcements come in.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA General of the Army

I'm very much concerned with the inability to properly skirmish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I'm very much concerned with the inability to properly skirmish.
    We have no intention of removing the ability of skirmishing. There needs to be a drawback tied to the massive advantage a spread out, kneeling unit has over a unit touching shoulders (presenning themselves as easy tagets) or only role players or players at events would ever use proper lines. That is where the formation buff comes into play.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Would it be possible to perhaps have some form of minor buff for players in 'loose' formation (AKA skirmishing) as opposed to the full negative ticket loss? Perhaps half-ticket loss?

Four tickets lost out of formation.
    Two tickets lost in skirmish formation.
    One ticket lost in formation.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Would it be possible to perhaps have some form of minor buff for players in 'loose' formation (AKA skirmishing) as opposed to the full negative ticket loss? Perhaps half-ticket loss?

+1
    That sounds like a pretty good idea.
    Your Captain calls me Onii-chan.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I'm not sure I see anything wrong with that? One of the main tasks of the NCO's were to make sure gaps were filled and the formation was tight.

Why not keep the advantage a more well managed formation/line has over a line that is not well managed? It fits with what we are trying to achieve here in regards to officers/NCO's spending more time on management/commanding than actual fighting themselves and also fits well in regards to the authenticity as stated above.

- Trusty
    I agree with you here Trusty.. but I believe what Timo means is the so called pugs joining who do not know the mechanics.. if you have a lot of em you loose a lot of points FAST. now I believe these folks paid and can play as they wish and we all yell at em and try to get em to do as they should (and some do) but they will do as they please.. I don't think it matters as far as building the game goes, for you developers it does not nor should it matter if I win or loose, because at this state of the game it is to MAKE a game.
    I like the changes.. I see it going forward.. I hate to loose but I understand the situation... later when we have a GAME .. then we can deal with the balance.. we cant judge balance because of pugs in a game!
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

CSA Captain

I like +1
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA General of the Army

I like this idea a lot

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I'm not sure I see anything wrong with that? One of the main tasks of the NCO's were to make sure gaps were filled and the formation was tight.

- Trusty
    You need to balance realism with entertainment. If we're playing with the(currently realistic)player population, having a line of 7 guys and losing two should not cause mass confusion to the point of losing 4x the ticket for the next 5 deaths. Testing or not, no one wants to spend $70 just to play for four hours on a weekend and watch their line crumble time and time again because two PUGs are running rampant.

We need ban tools, server passwords, and a serious discussion about the current formation mechanics or we won't have a tester pool left. No one wants to say it outright, so I will: War of Rights is in trouble. You, the developers and mods may not see it that way, but a good portion of the player base does. If we don't start getting players back, this game could die in alpha. We could start to fix that simply with moderation tools for servers.

You guys have provided us with a fun, enjoyable experience and I don't want you to think I'm pissing on your work. I'm not and I don't intend to. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't shy away from the truth just because it sounds harsh. I only want the best for this community. Much love, LaBelle.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!