Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Known Issues & Fixes

CSA Captain

Reporting a typo in the 18th Virginia description. States "Gettusburg" instead of "Gettysburg". No big deal ofcourse!
    Passion prevails!

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    Reporting a typo in the 18th Virginia description. States "Gettusburg" instead of "Gettysburg". No big deal ofcourse!
    I shall put our best man on the job!

It has been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    It has been fixed
    It cannot be since you didn't put me on the task. :P

- Trusty

Exclamation Establishing context

I do not know if this issue is being experienced by anyone else but I have a very frustrating issue where I am unable to join skirmish servers but am able to join drill camps just fine. The issue I am experiencing is when I join Skirmishes I get stuck on establishing Context in the loading screen. (I never experienced this until the arty update) Please help with a solution because I would love to get back to playing with my regiment!

Hi Everyone,

I searched, but couldn't find an answer to this question. I've been playing and loving WoR for over 35 hours on the same machine, but today was the first time i found myself staring at the "Joining Game - Entering the battlefield, turn back now.." without end. I waited upward of ten minutes and nothing happened. This was the US East server with around 140 players which is what I usually join.

I tried a smaller server and loaded in but the game crashed twice after asking me to choose my faction. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game (and deleting the folder from the steam folder in my C: program files). I tried restarting the computer. But nothing seemed to help. Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Several exploits using artillery, discovered by the Kentucky Battery of the Serpent's Brigade:

- Animation cancelling. Certain artillery-related animations, such as sponging, ramming, and grabbing new shells, can be cancelled midway through their animation in order to save time on completing them. Having said that, none of them can be cancelled in a way that breaks immersion (you still complete the task, you're just doing it a bit more quickly or perhaps a bit less thoroughly), so it's not that big of an exploit. It might even be a feature for all I know. Each animation has a different time at which you should cancel in order to still complete it.

For sponging: Cancel just shortly after the sponge touches the back of the barrel and makes its first tap.
    For ramming: Cancel just after the ram has touched the back of the barrel.
    For picking up shell: Cancel just after the shell physically enters the character's hands.

- Double firing. This is definitely an exploit - it was recently discovered that if you have multiple people set up the cannon's primer, you can effectively fire infinitely without reloading so long as you time it right. This is done by having one player set up the primer, and then having another player also go to set up the primer. As he's reaching for the primer, the cannon can be fired - so long as it's timed right, the second man will finish priming after the cannon has been fired, allowing him to simply fire a second time. The second man can then trade places with the first and continue the process infinitely, so long as they keep timing it right. This is hard to do perfectly, but with some practice you can nail it down and do it pretty regularly. This also comes with the added benefit of the cannon's recoil either not happening at all, or being minimal, so you can essentially treat your cannon almost like a stationary semi-auto rifle - this needs to be patched quickly!

I am also aware of glitches which allow for the cannons to "fly" and allow for no recoil to be felt, but I'm not sure how to reproduce these yet. Will post again when I know.

Thank you for your report.

We’ll investigate the reported double priming exploit.

- Trusty

Good to hear from the WoR devs on this! Here's the promised update on the flying cannon glitch, as shown by Private SilverSmurfen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbQ...ature=youtu.be

This is just silly more than anything, but nevertheless a bug.

Here's a bit of a (unedited and awkward) video, which doesn't have any game audio due to a glitch in the recording software, and has a bit of uncomfortable eating ASMR from me as a result. Regardless, at timestamp 24:13, one can clearly see how the double priming glitch is done and how it can be reproduced somewhat reliably. Hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4E...ature=youtu.be

Thank you.

We have replicated the double priming issue and will be pushing a potential fix in the next game update.

We’ll need more data to go by in regards to flying cannons than a video showing them as such if at all possible, Thank you.

- Trusty