Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Known Issues & Fixes

Hi, wondering/hoping someone can help me out. I see I'm not able to start a new thread. Any advice on why not ? Or do I need to do something in order to obtain permission to create a new thread ?

Windows 10
    GTX 1050 2gig
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.60 GHz
    12gig ram

My posting permissions:

Posting Permissions
    You may not post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may post attachments
    You may edit your posts

BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    [VIDEO] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Forum Rules
    Last edited by JJness; 01-05-2021 at 02:16 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    You need to take part in at least 5 other conversations before you're given posting rights. It's a means of eliminating spammers.

Thank You very much for the info

Hello. I've been playing War of Rights for a bit over a year now. Everything was fine for most of this period. A few months now, I've been having an issue in drill camp where I can't see any popups of the board at the shooting range or the artillery range. It basically doesn't show if I or anyone else hit. I've tested this on the first set of targets as well.
    I've tried verifying the game cache on steam and reinstalling the game, but the issue persists. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allen View Post
    Hello. I've been playing War of Rights for a bit over a year now. Everything was fine for most of this period. A few months now, I've been having an issue in drill camp where I can't see any popups of the board at the shooting range or the artillery range. It basically doesn't show if I or anyone else hit. I've tested this on the first set of targets as well.
    I've tried verifying the game cache on steam and reinstalling the game, but the issue persists. Any help? Thanks in advance.
    Hello,

You've likely turned off the automatic HUD popup in your gameplay options. This will supress any kind of UI popup that happens automatically, target hits included.

- Trusty

Looking around using the alt key causes weapon aim to become misaligned

Holding the alt key to look around and then releasing the key (view will snap back to the front) does not re-center the camera and weapon aim correctly. The weapon will no longer be aligned to the center of the screen. Tapping the alt key again (without moving the mouse) will realign the weapon.
    Especially at greater distances, this might cause your aim to be completely off.

Before using alt key:
    20210325172219_1.jpg

After using alt key (head was turned all the way to the right) :
    20210325172138_1.jpg

Hello War of Rights Developers,

Is there any advice you can give on a player who chooses a critical role like the (flagbearer or the officer) and refuses to proceed further in deploying on flag or infantry deployment? A player today, who we suspect to be an intentional troll, selected the flagbearer role for 20th ME on Pry House and never spawned in. Despite multiple players respawning and checking, he always had the role, but the status of "flag dropped" was shown since the beginning of the match.

Would you be able to develop some kind of automated mechanic to prevent the permanent selection without spawning in as a critical role?

Thanks,
    Rawlins

Thanks for the two above posts.

We'll investigate the misalignment issue. It's the first time we've seen it reported but that doesn't mean it's not a thing.

I've heard of this, Rawlins and we're currently discussing ways of specifically preventing this. While the major system that is currently on the drawing board (we'll share more details about it in an upcoming field report) is set to greatly help non-admined servers regulate themselves (general trolls, bad officers, flag bearer trolls, tk'ing trolls, VoIP spammers, artillery trolls are all subject to regulation via it) I do suspect that additional changes are required to fully remove the ability to exploit simply not spawning in after selecting the flag bearer role in particular.

The current suggestion I've brought to the programming team is simply to instantly spawn the flag bearer once the class has been selected in the regimental/class selection screen. There is absolutely no point in not spawning in as fast as you possibly can when you are a flag bearer and so I don't see an issue with it. I'm no programmer though so we'll have to wait and see what their feedback to the suggestion is.

- Trusty

Hello dear developers

Since I have not participated in enough convos, I cannot yet post my own thread. I love the game, but lately when I have been playing it, War of Rights has crashed my internet so to speak. My computer had a hard time to reconnect to the internet. I don't have this problem with any other game. Is there a fix for this that I have not yet found anywhere?

Best regards.

Edit: Fixed a spelling error in this text.
    Last edited by LeadShark; 05-08-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Hello War of Rights Developers,

There seems to be a secondary way to Aim Down the Sights that doesn't appear intentionally designed and seems to provide minor advantages to those aware of it. I wanted to confirm if this is just part of the base infantry functions or a bug.

When an infantryman Aims Down Sights by holding a right click and then releases the right click for a moment, the infantryman can ADS again by scrolling the mouse wheel up. However, this mouse wheel scroll up version of the ADS is vastly accelerated compared to right click ADS and it appears to resume the minimized sway at the tail end of a conventional ADS rather than re-animate sway patterns from their proper start. There are some minor advantages to this mousewheel ADS and I just wanted to understand if this was an intentional thing or possibly a bug.

In addition, if the gun is sighted up to a special ranged sight (like 300 yards), the mouse wheel ADS will remove the special sighting part of the animation and just show a normal 100 yard sight.

And while we're on this topic of the special longer range sights, the Sharps Rifle's 300+ versions of sights have animations that are identical to the default 100 yard sight options. This is a second issue, and appears to be only a visual thing as the extended sights do appear to behave correctly even though they look incorrect.

Thanks,
    Rawlins
    Last edited by Rawlins; 05-11-2021 at 04:34 PM.