Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Known Issues & Fixes

No servers listed. Worked fine for a few months and after the arty came out it was fine. Then nothing. Once in a long while I can see a server but cant join usually but when I have it was laggy and unusable. Sent error report in. No response. No one I ask has a clue about it. Help please. Like this game but I'm about done. I have no issues with other games.
    NVIDIA GTX
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Last edited by 58caliber; 11-27-2022 at 02:57 PM. Reason: brevity

After update 169 server browser not showing full list of servers only about 20 show up so you need to refresh few times to find your server.

Another bug being in servers is that you cant see your own text chat.

Another issue is the graphics and resolution look terrible after the update, set your resolution to 1920 x 1080, your game will look the same with a slightly improved FPS.
    The rightful ruler of the HRE, Holy Sloth.

A new bug with today's hotfix, VOIP seems to not be working for numerous people. I tried resetting my audio settings and changing output however to no success.

Also, command dial menu not working.

Help me please

I need some help, so I was trying to change my key binds, and my screen froze for a second and I accidentally changed the options button from space to left-click, and now if I want to change it back, I will left click to open options but then when I click on key binds it will close options.

Quote Originally Posted by mackripper View Post
    I need some help, so I was trying to change my key binds, and my screen froze for a second and I accidentally changed the options button from space to left-click, and now if I want to change it back, I will left click to open options but then when I click on key binds it will close options.
    Hello,

Thank you for the report.

We have seen a few of these and so it will no longer be possible to rebind the escape button (exit menu) key in the next update.

To fix your issue, please delete the warofrights folder found in c/users/YOUR USERNAME/saved games and then launch the game.

This will delete all user saved settings and reset them to their defaults.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

I´ve lately being constantly kick of the server with the following message:

"Timeout; remote problem. Rx age server 18.0s relay 0.1s" (numbers can change)

I´ve LAN conection, 600 MB/s, never had that issue before, playing this for years.
    Specs : RTX3080, Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 RAM
    Last edited by Jordi; 12-31-2020 at 10:07 PM.
    33rd Virginia Regiment Staff
    God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal.

Howdy folks, I'm Equanimity, I've played the game since it's release in EA on steam in 2018 mainly as a public officer but I have been in regiments before, here is my short essay on 2 issues, one recent one old that haven't been really brought up here as of yet.

----New Bug, "Invisibility"----

New bug me and one of the regulars on a public server found - today at roughly 8PM CET on the full server (Anderson's public something, its still full), me and 3 others constantly kept dying shortly after we'd spawn to nothing. The effects of melee would happen, we would hear a stab, and our screen would be bloodied, then another and we would die. Also, we could hear a rebel screaming "die yanks" and footsteps but we couldn't see him - "they" exclusively targeted officers (like myself and Cpt. Cody) along with flagbearers who would "mysteriously" die after two stabs from seemingly nowhere, for reference both CSA units were about 100 yards away from us shooting at us and so we dubbed the issue "the invisible reb glitch", it happened on two separate maps and under similar circumstances, we figured it was something similar to the speed glitch/hack.

Now we have no idea who did it or how, but it is quite definitely game-breaking if it can be repeated.

----The Issue of no limits or safe-guards on who picks officer and trolling----

Another separate issue I'd like to bring up is that of there being nothing limiting the picking of the officer class in public matches (it's not an issue in reg battles for obvious reasons).

A brand new player who picks officer class without knowing really what it does and who, when the servers are full, is expected to lead anywhere from 30-50 other players can absolutely ruin the experience for not just his unit but his entire team given his lack of ability. It was a bit of an issue two years ago but it is more so now and regulars can really see it with the effect of the sale. I'm extremely happy the sale brings in lots of new people and I respect the hard work all the developers put but if we have new players that come in and their first experience is a brand new guy who takes officer and trolls it's not going to make them want to come back. Some regimental leaders might say, "ah but public battles aren't the real thing, its fine we can get them in regiments, and it's not an issue here" - the question is if we can't even retain new players in the game because of crappy brand new officers how can you recruit them? Its an important issue that should be addressed so that the game can retain more players, regs can recruit more, and the public matches can be more enjoyable.

Just to give an example, today, when the servers were full at around 11PM CET, we had one officer for the Wisconsin line who was brand new, it was his first match and he took the slot because, and I quote his exact words "I want the pistol". He did not lead his regiment, instead teamkilling the 2 NCOs who were trying to (just under the damage limit so he didn't get banned) and just suicided his regiment repeatedly. It was the map with the 19th Indiana and the Winsconsin attacking a sunken down stonewall - the moment the officer started the really bad trolling , spamming paragraphs in chat as to impede our communication most of the guys in that reg simply switched to indiana (for context I was the officer there) and by some excellent work of the pubs and good NCOs in the indiana unit we somehow managed to win, but 9 times out of 10 we would have gotten absolutely destroyed all due to one guy who took a slot and trolled.

I know there aren't many "easy answers" to this problem but ill give a bit of food for thought nonetheless:

- Community driven initiative to have more admins on servers ,asking the people who run the servers that fill up the most to keep admins on essentially.
    - Much more global admins by hiring/ or by volunteers, selecting people to be global admin and check servers for rule-breaks that apply to all servers (griefing, racism etc) to police servers at peak time and kick officer trolls (and arty).
    - Giving the option to by vote, force an officer out of their role during a battle, like a sort of mutiny, im not sure as to how historically accurate that would be so if you were to consider this you'd have to consult your expert.
    - Barring players with less than X hours ingame (i'd suggest 1 hour) from taking officer slot, or by some experience mechanism (e.g 1 battle fought = 1 lvl, after lvl 1 you can take the slot).
    - A warning when picking officer with a short paragraph describing the role that you would have to confirm/ click yes to pick it that would pop up when you clicked on the role.

Im aware that there are crappy officers with hundreds of hours but as a general rule, it's less common than someone who picked up the game 5 minutes ago which is why i do not comment on it.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Equanimity
    Last edited by Equanimity; 01-02-2021 at 12:14 AM.
    Famous last words in public matches: "Are those cannons are aiming at us??"