Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Known Issues & Fixes

Its very likely because your system is far below the Minimum System Requirements, your system just can't handle it and crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    Its very likely because your system is far below the Minimum System Requirements, your system just can't handle it and crashes.
    It's possible, but I hope not. It was working perfectly fine for about a week, including some 2+ hour binges. Now it suddenly begins crashing within 10 minutes. There also don't seem to be any performance issues until it crashes.

Asking people to delete the entire game and reinstall is kind of a ridiculous fix, after latest update i am now getting stuck at the cry engine screen If anything only a specific file would be bad, like a settings file but they should program the update correctly, this is kinda not acceptable to sell a game that can't update properly. I am not going to reinstall the game every update!!

Quote Originally Posted by VinHaus View Post
    I know, but this needs fix.
    they have memory leaks... the game slows down really bad after playing for a while too... it appears the code is probably a mess... smh

the game doesn't exit because they don't dispose of all the objects in memory the game uses so the process stays open since it has objects sitting in memory that the game lost reference to... and to clear memory you have to kill the task. Their code is sloppy, simple as that. At least the game starts for you, I'm stuck at the Cry Engine screen after latest update. This is amateur and I am upset I paid for this game in the state it is in. It was a non public alpha forever then they brought it to steam you would figure it would be in a working state.
    Last edited by c39687; 02-24-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    There really is nothing special about this game... to say people have a PC that is below requirements is a really far fetched excuse... it is possible if you are dealing with a broke ass person but most people who bought this game knew what they were getting into! My PC purchased in 2011 runs this game perfectly fine (Until the memory leaks slow it down). I can also play all the other cpu/gpu intense games on steam like Arma/Squad/etc

This game is nothing special. I can play Nations at War no problem, I can play Napoleonic Warfare easy, I can play any of the 200 games in my steam library with my i5 2500k and radeon hd6950 and 16gb ddr3 1600mhz on msi board with 500gb ssd at 66% capacity full... my pc can play any game other than VR and this game has memory leaks and runs like crap... so I would strongly disagree with your typical excuse. This game is in a terrible state presently. Anyone who has programmed before for video games can tell what is going on here

Look at a professional development team like Dice... they make Battlefield... that game has way more shit going on than this one yet they know what they are doing and can code a shooter in their sleep with very few bugs... that game has so much action and stuff going on... it would run laps around this game. This game is poorly programmed!
    Last edited by c39687; 02-24-2019 at 08:14 AM.

If deleting all the game files and redownloading them, doesnt fix the issue. Try deleting all the games user files. This will reset all the games graphics settings and keybindings to their defaults as well as delete possible user created, corrupt shaders.
    if the shaders are the issue, why tell the user to delete the entire folder and lose their settings??? there is a shader folder you can just delete if the issue is corrupted shaders... why delete the keybindings too?? this is terrible advice :/

Quote Originally Posted by c39687 View Post

Anyone who has programmed before for video games can tell what is going on here

Look at a professional development team like Dice... they make Battlefield... that game has way more shit going on than this one yet they know what they are doing and can code a shooter in their sleep with very few bugs... that game has so much action and stuff going on... it would run laps around this game. This game is poorly programmed!
    I take it you don't have a clue about what is going on nor have ever been a part of the industry if you compare our two-man programming team as well as our early access alpha with Dice.

In any case, if you are stuck at the cryengine screen you are likely either using an anti virus software that is blocking needed game files from running, having a corrupt client or hardware not supported by the engine.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    nor have ever been a part of the industry if you compare our two-man programming team as well as our early access alpha with Dice.

- Trusty
    Perhaps its time to 'bite the bullet' and invest in more programmers?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Perhaps its time to 'bite the bullet' and invest in more programmers?
    We'd rather go slow and steady as we have done these past several years than risk killing the game by over-expanding the dev team (and thus our monthly spending). Had we bitten the bullet, say, during the crowdfunding campaign we would have had to fire people later on due to lack of funds.

That being said, we are of course always on the lookout for talent to possibly join up - talented CE programmers with proper experience are, however, extremely rare beasts.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We'd rather go slow and steady as we have done these past several years than risk killing the game by over-expanding the dev team (and thus our monthly spending).

- Trusty
    Of course its your game and your philosophy on the way to go forward .... however as time ticks by, will the loyal community sit by happy with 'SLOOOOOoooooow, often painfully slow and steady!' or will other games tempt us away? Its only natural to fill this void with other games and currently its only the Die-hards (me included) and the newly purchased thats keeping this game active on the servers. Its a painful process, and I'm beginning to questioning your philosophy...sorry.
    4th Texas 'C' Company