Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted to ask the csa how they have liked the last few days getting the union side

CSA Major

dutch you have to stay in lines now or you lose so much morale you lose fast now to my points for the game

1. this isnt real life so maybe give the csa sharps rifles where the union gets them hell just try it, if you want real life i sure there is a war in some middle eastern country you can go play in, games are to have fun not aggravation. I believe the rifles are a big problem with this game with who gets what and when lets just try for testing and see how it goes and leave the well they didnt have them in real life out of it
    2. some maps need to be adjusted, morale, where people start and how far they have to run, maybe less cover yea i know they are the real deal well maybe everything doenst have to be true to life

as fubar said and i have said in this post games are to have fun and need to be balanced screw the real life shit we deal with that every day make changes for games sake not real life
    also 1tx seems to have left because they didnt like the direction the game was going and i maybe wrong here and Trusty without alpha tests you cant fix anything so be careful what you wish for a large part of your alpha test already left please make changes for the games sake

and Bravesquat please let the big boys talk children need to be seen and not heard when we see you playing the game maybe you can come talk sorry trusty i just had too

CSA Captain

Like stated you don't have to be one dimensional.. You can make more then one line. This is a game with a realistic feel to it that means the environment weapons and uniforms etc. Rest you can fill in yourself use modern tactics or of the era. Depends on your flavour. Each company is different that way.

CSA Major

dutch with the morale system they way it is the csa has to play one dimensional cause we have so many less tickets you cant afford to die by yourself off alone or with just a few others
    also trusty what you are saying now no one should bother to play the csa side till the next patch cause it would take to much of the dev time to make it fair umm i dont think what will go over to well on the csa side we need help maybe give the csa more morale than the union for now till the next patch that cant take to long now could it

CSA Captain

You got 40 guys max on each side and you are telling me you can only get one line going.. no way.

CSA Major

well dutch doesnt seem you play much there is never 40 people per side so that argument goes out the window and that is another problem not enough people testing the csa side and i wonder why and right now the csa could have the navy seals playing for them in term of tactics and shooting ability and the union would till win no matter what, tactics dont mean anything when you cant deloy them come play the csa side tonite we will be on the union and get the csa organized and see how well you do against us not trying to argumentative but it seems you dont play the new game as it is now
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 11-06-2017 at 08:25 PM.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The majority of 1st TX stopped being active testers before the implementation of the formation buff system a few weeks ago.

In regards to your remark about losing testers - so be it - alpha testing isn't for everyone (especially not the months if not years of testing we're asking people to endure). You can't rush balance (unless you want us to give everyone identical weapons, have no capture areas, have mirrored maps and identical amounts of morale). Sure you can throw a whole lot of changes in there but if you do that you have no way of knowing what works and what doesn't. The only way forward is to slowly make adjustments based on the latest balance reports. This, while important to get somewhat right, is not something that is having a huge priority for us in the alpha phase however as new game systems being implemented (some in the next update for instance) will continue to change the balance thus making too many man hours spent on it now a waste of development time.

- Trusty
    We still played after the implementation of the formation buff system but that and the lack of newer content that we didnt want to get burnt out of a game that is not fully completed. We will be back.
    Last edited by Saris; 11-06-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    [...]and that is another problem not enough people testing the csa side[...]
    I don't know if I'm missing something but from my experience the teams are almost always close to being even on numbers.

And... damn is that one sentence? - talking about the entire post ofc
    Your Captain calls me Onii-chan.

CSA Captain

well dutch doesnt seem you play much there is never 40 people per side so that argument goes out the window and that is another problem not enough people testing the csa side and i wonder why and right now the csa could have the navy seals playing for them in term of tactics and shooting ability and the union would till win no matter what tactics dont mean anything when you cant deloy them come play the csa side tonite we will be on the union and get the csa organized and see how well you do against us not trying to argumentative but it seems you dont play the new game as it is now
    Your reading skills are as bad as your writing skills. And it shows your character when you assume things about others the way you do.
    The problem is that 1842 rifle not THE rifle but the in-game version of it. Besides that I have seen full servers or almost full servers, enough people on a server where there is no need to form one big line. Guess I do play the game enough to see these filled up servers.

CSA Major

we need more than 20-40 playing we need full servers and we dont have it, i never side the sides werent = just not 40 per side
    last nite after we beat them 5 times in a row the whole csa team quit went from 20-25 to like 5 and i dont blame them we were them 2 weeks ago and it isnt fun seem there will not be much change to this till the next major patch according to trusty they dont want to divert dev resources to the current problem opening maybe in week or 2 the patch will fix hope so cause the csa is going to be in for a very long 2 weeks or when every the next patch is
    we dont need to test the csa anymore to see how broken it is now we are just having fun

dutch i what to know what game you play in the past 2 weeks i have seen exactly one time there were 80 people on the server i am on every nite for 3-6 hrs watch who is playing unless during the day there is a magical appearance of players i dont i want see a screen shot of a full server please post one in the next few days i would like to see
    i know how the 1842 fires i have shot replics of it or at least non rifled muskets and they way more accurate than this game portrays and i have been saying that for the last 4 months and no one seems to care

and dutch we will be on tonite get your csa guys on since seem to know when there are lot are on and come fight us we will be on the union side
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 11-06-2017 at 08:42 PM.

we need more than 20-40 playing we need full servers and we dont have it, i never side the sides werent = just not 40 per side
    last nite after we beat them 5 times in a row the whole csa team quit went from 20-25 to like 5 and i dont blame them we were them 2 weeks ago and it isnt fun seem there will not be much change to this till the next major patch according to trusty they dont want to divert dev resources to the current problem opening maybe in week or 2 the patch will fix hope so cause the csa is going to be in for a very long 2 weeks or when every the next patch is
    we dont need to test the csa anymore to see how broken it is now we are just having fun
    I said next patch - not next major patch. With our patch release schedule demonstrated the past one and a half years I would very much doubt we are talking 2 weeks before its deployment.

There are other things to test than balance - that is primarily a focus later on in development cycles (beta, early access). Crashing and submitting error reports, game systems such as the formation buff system, animation glitches, server performance (which has been a primary focus for us for the last long while and will continue to be so in the future), etc. etc.

If you do not want to help test due to balance there's nothing I can do about that. Thank you for the time you have tested and not just looked at the alpha as entertainment though. Hope you come back and help us out in the future again.

- Trusty