Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted to ask the csa how they have liked the last few days getting the union side

CSA Major

Wanted to ask the csa how they have liked the last few days getting the union side

it is sad we have to make a point as the csa to show how the op the union is, we played the union the last few days and we have not lost one map and capped every map playing as the union if that doesnt show op the union is with the rifles they get and the advantages they get in tickets and morle it isnt funny

hoping the dev took notice and will some game changes to help the csa be more competitive it was fun with the sharps against the 1842 just a waste of time

"Morale" definitely shouldn't be a thing at all with rebs on burnsides bridge. They also shouldnt get an out of line penalty when using smoothbores.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA General of the Army

Our Decision to "Go Union" for the past 2 weeks has been an attempt to gather data and prove a point.
    We discussed this in this thread HERE after week 1 and this weekend's results will be posted below after we have had time to complete our Corps AAR (After Action Report) however ...
    In short, it was a weekend of slaughter capping a 2 week period in which we have yet to lose a single point EVER.
    The current system is so skewed toward Union Dominance that being a Reb is synonymous with being a Pop-up Target, NO MATTER who plays as Confederate.

This is an attempt to help the game retain its current crop of dejected and frustrated Testers so that the Union doesn't have to test both sides. Balance will certainly come as we get closer to BETA and Launch but I fear we will not get there very quickly if we can not motivate anyone to Test a system that guarantees them loss after loss, no matter how "Historically Accurate" that may be.

The Devs and Mods have heard our complaints and are discussing changes so I don't expect us to have to play Union to prove our point much longer but ...
    Again, I will post what I did before, in the previous thread, and for which we have received no offers of acceptance ...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    We invite any Union company to meet us on the Servers and we will gladly endure the itch, smell and rash that we suffer from wearing those pretty Blue Uniforms with Skunk Tail Hats so we can change your minds on this matter ... as we did those who faced us last week.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Captain

I can remember before the morale system the Union complaining that the CSA were OP.... clearly this see-sawing of balance needs to find its equilibrium.

I played briefly over the weekend and found all games lost to the Union, despite some great CSA team play.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Captain

Seems to me there needs to be a more balanced ticket system with the current game mechanics. And also more thought given to what weapons are used in the maps. Sharps vs 1842's in open field maps are to big of a mismatch. JMO

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Our Decision to "Go Union" for the past 2 weeks has been an attempt to gather data and prove a point.
    We discussed this in this thread HERE after week 1 and this weekend's results will be posted below after we have had time to complete our Corps AAR (After Action Report) however ...
    In short, it was a weekend of slaughter capping a 2 week period in which we have yet to lose a single point EVER.
    The current system is so skewed toward Union Dominance that being a Reb is synonymous with being a Pop-up Target, NO MATTER who plays as Confederate.

This is an attempt to help the game retain its current crop of dejected and frustrated Testers so that the Union doesn't have to test both sides. Balance will certainly come as we get closer to BETA and Launch but I fear we will not get there very quickly if we can not motivate anyone to Test a system that guarantees them loss after loss, no matter how "Historically Accurate" that may be.

The Devs and Mods have heard our complaints and are discussing changes so I don't expect us to have to play Union to prove our point much longer but ...
    Again, I will post what I did before, in the previous thread, and for which we have received no offers of acceptance ...
    My men and I 100% agree with you sir, it's just that Yankee blue really doesn't look good on us and therefore we despise playing as Union. Deo Vindice

USA General of the Army

LOL Yes it is quite painful.
    During sick call we have seen an uptake in the number of soldiers developing rashes, indecisiveness and an increase in voice pitch.

We are currently discussing whether to continue this experiment/lesson for one more week OR until the next patch.
    My fear is that if we don't get our Boys back in their beloved Greys soon we might actually see some desertions.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA General of the Army

OR, and I'm just spit balling here, you guys are just REALLY bad! Just an idea and the same one you threw as the US units when they voiced dissatisfaction.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    OR, and I'm just spit balling here, you guys are just REALLY bad! Just an idea and the same one you threw as the US units when they voiced dissatisfaction.
    There is no reason to say we are really bad. I don't know how often you play but the CSA is well organized and when we do play as CSA we do win it just takes a huge amount of effort and organization. Just recently we had a 52 to 14 kill victory. Such provocative talk often leads to unneeded arguments instead of an efficient fix or mutual understanding of the problem.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hienzman View Post
    There is no reason to say we are really bad. I don't know how often you play but the CSA is well organized and when we do play as CSA we do win it just takes a huge amount of effort and organization. Just recently we had a 52 to 14 kill victory. Such provocative talk often leads to unneeded arguments instead of an efficient fix or mutual understanding of the problem.
    This is standard operating procedure for Bravesquat.