Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impossible to join servers. Freezing.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by C. Moser View Post
    @Redleader, thanks for trying but I believe those are not my issue.
    Do you get an error.txt in your folder ? My folder is in : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\War of Rights
    If you do you can upload it to the 'Error reporter'
    Also it's good to bring up Task Manager (ctrl alt del) and in options chose 'Always in front' and close the WOR process everytime you exit the game if it's still active.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

@Trusty, I know it does that when you try to join another server. My issue is that it seems when I try to join servers with large amounts of players it either gives me a continuous load screen, or I get in game and my screen goes black and I can hear the game and people talking/ communicating. Ive played many games on War of Rights, but it seems when I try to play in a server with more than 30 people it does that black screen thing.
    How long do you give it before you shut it down? The more people on the server the longer it will “hang” while you can hear players before it is ready.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

@Redleader, I do that task manager thing.

@Trusty, ive given it about anywhere from 5 to 10 mins on the loading screen before I get frustrated. It seems to only happen when I try to join big servers like 70 people. And yes it seems to "hang" like you said, but sometimes it feels never ending. And when I finally got into the game I seen everyone at spawn and I started reloading my gun then all of a sudden my screen went black again, and I couldn't see but I could still hear everyone at spawn talking. But, today I got into a server with 23 people, everything was fine. It seems to only do it when there are large amounts of players in the server like 40+ , so I don't know.

@Redleader, I do that task manager thing.

@Trusty, ive given it about anywhere from 5 to 10 mins on the loading screen before I get frustrated. It seems to only happen when I try to join big servers like 70 people. And yes it seems to "hang" like you said, but sometimes it feels never ending. And when I finally got into the game I seen everyone at spawn and I started reloading my gun then all of a sudden my screen went black again, and I couldn't see but I could still hear everyone at spawn talking. But, today I got into a server with 23 people, everything was fine. It seems to only do it when there are large amounts of players in the server like 40+ , so I don't know.
    Please list your pc specifications, Windows version, anti virus software and your internet speed.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I initially have issues with some new updates. The thing that I end up doing to eliminate situations like that, is to go back to steam and uninstall the game, then go to my location on my harddrive and delete the game folders and files, then go back and reinstall the game from scratch from steam.
    Whether this works for you or not I have no way of knowing. My problem with new updates is usually CTDs ... this process eliminates that situation.

(as a side note, I also have a program called Crapcleaner, it is a very thorough program that removes junk files from my drive, I run this program between the deleting of the game folders and files, and before doing the reinstall.)

CSA Captain

@A.P. Hill, a buddy of mine just mentioned I should try that actually, so I think I will.

CSA Captain

Welp I tried that re install and delete it all off. Seems to be happening more now, on games with less people now. I'm trying to figure out how to find the game.logs to show Trusty, but I cant seem to find where its located. I'm not good with this stuff. I ask anyone who is kind enough to help me, I would appreciate if someone will get in discord with me and show me where to find my game.logs while screen sharing. It would help me a lot, thank you.

The file in your case my also just simply be called "game" as Microsoft conveniantly at default settings hides file types from file names.

CSA Captain

Well, I just sent in my game.logs to your error reporter. Thanks to Redleader, who generously helped me figure it out. I hope to hear back soon on what the issue is. Thank you, all of you!