Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Community Events (4pm EST/ 8PM EST)

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcarin View Post
    Id like to make a proposal or two for these rules that may help.
    1. The "Defending team should be allowed to use cover(fences,walls, etc...not in houses though) Due to the fact that they are at an extreme disadvantage with the ticket count. Attacker always has more tickets. Having line battles with one side having more tickets without neutralizing that somehow is unfair for the defender.
    2. No one leaves spawn in groups less than 10? or some number bigger than 3-5.
    3. No charging(unless its a bayonet charge) all movement must be in quick time or double quick and in some sort of line, see above #2
    4. Also some sort of time in the beginning for both sides to set up. The defender should not run up to as close to ememy spawn as possible and unload, as they do start in the middle of the map as defender.

Thoughts?

Vulcarin
    Cover is nice to have, but it's easier for defenders to shoot down the attackers behind some cover. Either both sides get to use it or neither side. Also ticket disadvantage isn't as big of an issue as people make it seem to be. I mean in the time given I don't think there was a time in these line battles were a side lost due to losing all their tickets, and it the killing only stopped due to the timer. I'd say just start from the beginning, and keep how we deployment the same. If a side can properly maneuver, and lay down fire then the point you bring up aren't needed.

CSA Major

the problem with the line battles is only about 1/2 the team follow the rules, they are hiding behind fences, trying to shoot into spawn, standing behind bushes so in the end it isnt a line battle at all but a gloried skirmish is all it is
    these double ranks and march in formation last about 5min then everyone just says f it and does their own thing

if u want line battles then stand out in the open and shoot each other stop hiding moving and so forth isnt that want you want isnt it other wise it is just a glorified skirmish with maybe 3 lines of people moving around just dont get it myself but what ever have at it trying to organize it but with all the randoms and companies that want to do what they want it wont work

just my 3 cents worth

been trying to do line battles for over a yr and it all ends the same way

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    We're hoping for another epic 150-man Double-rank Line Battle this Sunday at 8 PM EST,

While we realize this is a public server and nobody is obligated to follow our "rules" during our events, we do want to provide some guidelines, agreed upon by the organizing companies, for the benefit of other companies that would also like to participate but maybe aren't clear about the expectations,

Encouraged,
    Double-rank formation
    Multiple 'In Formation' lines working cooperatively
    Maneuvering is highly encouraged (because line battles where one side never moves are intensely boring)
    Kneeling in 'Skirmishing' formation to conceal location, ambush the enemy, disguise screening movements, etc.
    Bayonet charges

Discouraged,
    Establishing a defensive position which is out of bounds to the enemy (again, this is really, really boring)
    Volleys from artificial cover (namely, standing in houses or behind railings and fences)
    Fighters 'Out Of Formation' (snipers, bushwhackers, lonewolves, or whatever they want to call themselves only eat up tickets for their own team)
    Breech-loading rifles (exceptions allowed once muzzle-loading roster is full)
    ^ Tonights line battle rules. Good luck to both sides!
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

USA Captain

Do they apply tonight? 2am CEST?
    Ingame Nick: [KRT.2ndAuriga]Cpt.Data
    I'm not part of any Company: KRT is a clan playing Star Citizen and 2ndAuriga means I'm member of the 2nd wing of the Auriga Squadron.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CptData View Post
    Do they apply tonight? 2am CEST?
    Every Sunday

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Every Sunday
    Let's hope I can get a grey spot this time ...
    Ingame Nick: [KRT.2ndAuriga]Cpt.Data
    I'm not part of any Company: KRT is a clan playing Star Citizen and 2ndAuriga means I'm member of the 2nd wing of the Auriga Squadron.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CptData View Post
    Let's hope I can get a grey spot this time ...
    Better come early since the rebs always bring more than 75 so they spill into the US.

8pm EST Double Ranks Open Field Line Battle tonight on NA 1.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

CSA Captain

Anything planned for today (14th)?
    Pref earlier so us eurotrash can join in.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    Anything planned for today (14th)?
    Pref earlier so us eurotrash can join in.
    1.5 servers filled right now.