Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Community Events (4pm EST/ 8PM EST)

Quote Originally Posted by zwood View Post
    The 38th will do our best to give a good showing sir.
    Very good sir, yes i have reached out to Maj Rawlings and Cpt. Cooper. Looking forward to fighting along side the 38th NC again. Solid companies, and ones that used to always be active for the 8pm NA event. I am still waiting on word back from Cpt. Ross but, my 6th LA always would take on the 95th NY for the 4pm EU event....yall are welcome to the EU event as well! Thanks for showing interest in the Community Events!
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

CSA Major

Well done on the 4PM event, I'd say for the most part both sides fought like hell, and were even courteous to prisoners. I'd personally like to say the 95th NY has some very fine, friendly officers. I even traded some tobacco for coffee with Lt. Mack. It was certainly a blood lust, and it was great seeing so many people on, well done folks!

1st Lt. Zachariah Walsh
    3rd NC Co. A

Event was a lot of fun, but, there were a bit too many bayonet charges. However, I think those were near the end of it when people were starting to mess around a bit.

Thanks so much for attending the EU event at 4pm guys. Was an amazing event! Hard fought battles and a ton off fun! Special thankyou to all the companies that came out, Cpt Ross's 95th NY, Cpt. Cooper's 38th NC, Timo's 6th AL,also saw a few 1st TX boys, 1st MN and a few others, including My 6th Louisiana Tigers and my friend FUBAR 1st GA representing II Corps. Great teamwork by everyone and its so great to finally be back in action with yall. Also special thanks to Trusty for coming out as well!

Up next is the 8pm EST Sunday NA Community Event. Obviously my II Corps will be there but also in attendance will be the 51st NY, 38th NC and several others....all are welcome to join! I will be mustering the boys in the drill camp untill 8pm which we will then choose a server and hop on.
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI

Great job everyone for coming out to the Sunday EU & NA Events! There was some really solid teamwork on both sides, and it made for a few really great battles. Sorry for the short notice to everyone I only got my pc back 2 days ago and tried to get the Sunday events happening again on short notice. I am really surprised how many people turned up, thank you to all who came out and represented the CSA or Union. I can promise you all as the Sunday EU & NA Event Organizer that these events will be weekly as they previously were before my absence and I will be working hard to make these Sunday night events a major success. Anyone is free to add me on Steam to find out info about the events (not just sunday) or if your company is interested in joining the events and you would like to be made a point of contact, I will use you to inform your unit as to the times and dates of events. However As previously stated the Sunday EU & NA Events will be held every week and I look forward to seeing you all on the field.

Video from the EU & NA Event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X9yHPDmncI
    (Sgt Ghosthost, 6th LA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyUK6V2Iek0
    (2nd Lt. Cody, 1st GA)
    ....Thanks for coming out and recording the events, both of these guys have some really great channels and material
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI

USA General of the Army

Nice TS you got there

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Nice TS you got there
    Thanks babe hahaha
    Your more than welcome to hop in any time.
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI

The 14th Brooklyn Co B always try's to attend these events. Look me up on steam if you would like. Just a little bit of info regarding the Tigers and the 14th: I found and article stating that the Tiger and the 14th were battlefield rivals due to a fight at the First Bull Run...

"While the 14th Brooklyn and 11th New York Volunteer Infantry were briefly in control of the two guns, the Louisiana Tigers advanced up the hill. The 14th and 11th fired upon the battalion from their superior position, causing significant losses. The Tigers then fired their own rifles, and the majority of the 14th fell to their knees. Encouraged by this, the Tigers dropped their rifles and took out their Bowie knives in an attempt to finish off the survivors. As the Tigers neared the crest of the hill, the 14th Brooklyn stood up. Though both the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers, who had left their rifles at the bottom of the hill, were poorly trained and lacked real wartime experience, a savage hand-to-hand fight began between the two units. Though the Tigers fought with ferocity and determination, the 14th Brooklyn had the superior field position and eventually the Tigers retreated back down the hill. This brief confrontation permanently made the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers rivals."

-Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumpinMonkey View Post
    The 14th Brooklyn Co B always try's to attend these events. Look me up on steam if you would like. Just a little bit of info regarding the Tigers and the 14th: I found and article stating that the Tiger and the 14th were battlefield rivals due to a fight at the First Bull Run...

"While the 14th Brooklyn and 11th New York Volunteer Infantry were briefly in control of the two guns, the Louisiana Tigers advanced up the hill. The 14th and 11th fired upon the battalion from their superior position, causing significant losses. The Tigers then fired their own rifles, and the majority of the 14th fell to their knees. Encouraged by this, the Tigers dropped their rifles and took out their Bowie knives in an attempt to finish off the survivors. As the Tigers neared the crest of the hill, the 14th Brooklyn stood up. Though both the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers, who had left their rifles at the bottom of the hill, were poorly trained and lacked real wartime experience, a savage hand-to-hand fight began between the two units. Though the Tigers fought with ferocity and determination, the 14th Brooklyn had the superior field position and eventually the Tigers retreated back down the hill. This brief confrontation permanently made the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers rivals."

-Monkey
    Very cool story, your always welcome to hop into the Sunday events. Looking forward to the competition and new rivalry!
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI

You will have the next event this sunday, right?