Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No In-Game Voice Chat

USA Major

No In-Game Voice Chat

I've been playing this for at least 3 weeks and I've never had in-game voice chat sound. I use my microphone/headset for other games and it works fine. I even went into control panels and tested it and it worked fine there. I'm not sure if there's something I need to do to activate it or whether it should by default be something that I hear. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

You need to set your speakers to default communication device in Windows sound settings by right clicking them.

- Trusty

There was an odd bug today Jam, sound was grey'ed out. Ill look at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakydude View Post
    There was an odd bug today Jam, sound was grey'ed out. Ill look at it again.
    We don't have sound options in the game yet.

Please read my above post over again. I'm talking about the windows sound options.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We don't have sound options in the game yet.

Please read my above post over again. I'm talking about the windows sound options.

- Trusty
    Ok that explains it, yes i was also checking windows sounds if it busted the game. Default devices can mess with you and i thought it did here too. Where is the options to turn it down? only on installer?

Ok that explains it, yes i was also checking windows sounds if it busted the game. Default devices can mess with you and i thought it did here too. Where is the options to turn it down? only on installer?
    I'm sorry I don't understand your question.

- Trusty

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You need to set your speakers to default communication device in Windows sound settings by right clicking them.

- Trusty
    That's an easy fix. Now I'll just have to wait until someone comes onto the servers so I can test it. Thanks Trusty!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    ... Where is the options to turn it down? only on installer?

There are no sound options on install, and as TrustyJam stated, there are no sound options available in game either, you get what you get. If you want to turn down the volume, that is controlled either by the windows task bar speaker icon, or the volume button on your speakers.

USA Major

This worked like a charm... thanks again Trusty!

USA Major

Is the voice chat sound someway separate from the game sounds?
    I haven't heard any voices in the game in at least three weeks. Either everyone is using something like teamspeak or something is turned off.
    I do have background games sounds, cannon fire sounds, and sounds from weapons fired around me.
    Lightfoot