Thread: Some thoughts on the upcoming flag bearer feature and line stuff.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some thoughts on the upcoming flag bearer feature and line stuff.

I'm not the biggest advocate of the 'in line' system but it seems unlikely to veer away from that in favor of a better, individual morale system so I'm okay with some sort of hybrid as long as it works.

I'm a little concerned about the implementation of the flag bearer as a spawn. As I've already expressed concern, putting too much power in individual players' hands is not typically a great idea. I heard there might be a sort of "you are about to desert" feature that keeps a flag bearer from leaving the proximity of one of the larger 'lines' present on the map. Will the flag bearer be a one-spawn sort of assignment or will you continuously spawn as a flag bearer with a flag?

Why not have someone spawn as a flag bearer only once and then leave those colors in the game, able to be recovered (and preferably not fall under a bridge or something). If they aren't recovered after 2-3 minutes or there is nobody near them for 2-3 minutes then they de-spawn and a flag bearer can spawn again? What happens if the flag bearer goes AFK?

Will the flags be able to be furled or unfurled for use as a spawn? I assume that only flags who are manned by friendlies can be used as a spawn? What's to stop a flag bearer from hanging out in front of a formation of friendlies who are engaged in a ranged fight? Friendlies could literally spawn out of thin air in the line of fire of both teams if there are not controls to keep that from happening.

Why not have selectable spawns on a map which open up under certain circumstances. An initial spawn point, maybe forward spawn points later as objectives become more complex, and a spawn that opens when you have both a 'line' with a color bearer and puts you spawning just behind that line? This way the colors are needed but not the only factor that determines exactly where you spawn. You could even have a minimal colorguard in reserve if you have a disciplined enough team to effect that spawn somewhere safe if the enemy is too close to allow you to spawn.

If numerous static spawn areas can be placed around the map perhaps they could be opened up depending on where you have a line with an active color bearer?

'Out of line' casualties could have less options of where to spawn or have an increased spawn time.

I'm very concerned about the prospect of just having a flag bearer pooping out people spawning wherever he happens to be standing.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-04-2017 at 04:16 AM.