Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GFX settings on Very High locked me out at choose side!

CSA Captain

GFX settings on Very High locked me out at choose side!

Before I post system and bug reports does anyone else suffer from this bug. When I set my system graphics to very high I lock out in the CSA/Union screen and have to force quit my system to proceed.

Setting my system to High, returns the game to a normal playable state.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz
    Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 32009MHz (16-18-18-36)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS IX HERO (LGA1151)
    Graphics
    DELL U2515H (2560x1440@59Hz)
    8 Gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (Gigabyte)
    Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WDS100T1B0B-00AS40 (SSD)
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 12-17-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

There is a known crash issue at the faction selection screen.

Please use the error report tool when it happens.

I experienced it myself and fixed it by deleting WoR from steam as well as the remaining files in the steam/steamapps/common/war of rights folder before downloading the game again.

While not a verified fix (yet) it is always good to start from a clean slate after a big update such as an engine upgrade one.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Ok will do next crash. I dont envy you guys, implementing this new 5.4 build seems to have set you back some way in terms of stability. However good news, when I get the game to run its much smoother and the dreaded horizon flicker has gone.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Ok will do next crash. I dont envy you guys, implementing this new 5.4 build seems to have set you back some way in terms of stability. However good news, when I get the game to run its much smoother and the dreaded horizon flicker has gone.
    I would very much argue it's the opposite.

While the engine upgrade has broken/changed a lot of stuff the stability is very much improved overall.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

I can only talk from personal experience, from having a relatively trouble free gaming experience pre patch, to now a hit and miss whether I can even get into game... its for me a case of I may have to wait until the next patch before I play.

My system should by rights 'own' this game but it struggles awfully to give me an enjoyable session.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

I can only talk from personal experience, from having a relatively trouble free gaming experience pre patch, to now a hit and miss whether I can even get into game... its for me a case of I may have to wait until the next patch before I play.

My system should by rights 'own' this game but it struggles awfully to give me an enjoyable session.
    Please note there is a known issue with trying to reconnect to a server once you've left one. You will have to restart the game in order for it to be able to connect to a new server.

While the above issue is there (and plenty of other new ones introduced by 5.4 that will be fixed with the help of you testers) our internal tests have proven 5.4 to be a much more stable build than the previous one.

Have you tried the possible fix I listed or did you just update the game and jump into it?

- Trusty

CSA Captain

I originally just updated but was given advice by Joe Pineapples to clean install which at the least got me playing a match or two.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Major General

When I set my system graphics to very high I lock out in the CSA/Union screen and have to force quit my system to proceed.
    Setting my system to High, returns the game to a normal playable state.
    I get the bug when trying to select a faction, the background remains white (except for the faction select).
    I would have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL (have taskmanager Always on top settings) and kill the process.

If it could be graphical settings we could mess around with them and see which one work best, for now for me the crash seems random and less and less occuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    I get the bug when trying to select a faction, the background remains white (except for the faction select).
    I would have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL (have taskmanager Always on top settings) and kill the process.

If it could be graphical settings we could mess around with them and see which one work best, for now for me the crash seems random and less and less occuring.
    Please keep sending in crash reports via the error reporting tool whenever it happens. It is, naturally, a high priority issue for us.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Report just sent as I now cant even get beyond the loading screen after selecting the server of choice.
    4th Texas 'C' Company