Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Officers, Officer Rambos...

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    I don't think that "rambos" care about the much higher ticket loss for their own team. This would also punish the team players, which can't do much about that rambo officer.
    They are not all selfish, or trolls or attention seekers for glory ... some want to preserve their men or weaken the enemy lines in order to have the strategic advantage and lower moral on the other side.

But mostly I would agree most just rush in just to get some kills (luckily this game does not post the KDR)
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Captain

I don't think that "rambos" care about the much higher ticket loss for their own team. This would also punish the team players, which can't do much about that rambo officer.
    Well right now it's a straight up advantage, so while i completely agree that some of the rambos wouldn't care about this, i think most of the bigger companies would stop having their officers doing this. Since this would then create another issue like you mention, how about a reporting/votekick feature for that? Might help with the lonewolves ramboing, as well as the random dudes running around yelling profanities that has no place in the game, or just straight up trolling.
    6th Alabama Volunteer Regiment "2nd Battalion - Co. H & K"

Batt. Recruiter JT

Add me on steam under the name "[6thAL]SCpl. JT" if you're looking to join up.

CSA Captain

Agree thats why I am suggesting individual punishment for being killed alone on top of already implemented team punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    Agree thats why I am suggesting individual punishment for being killed alone on top of already implemented team punishment.
    The new spawn system is currently being worked on (this will allow us to have the defenders spawn at the point in the first spawn wave as well as have flag bearer spawns). With the flag bearer spawn system comes the individual spawn penalties for dying out of line.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Thanks Trusty. Cannot wait for the update! (I hope it will attract some players and there will be more opportunities to play)

USA Captain

what about only one life for Officers. No respawn Maybe they think twice before they attack alone then!
    Then they only could respawn as NCO
    Last edited by JACK7DK; 12-30-2017 at 04:12 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Perhaps, implementing the standard procedure of killing all officers in sight as soon as they're seen. It was very popular during the American Revolutionary War and those that followed.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Perhaps, implementing the standard procedure of killing all officers in sight as soon as they're seen. It was very popular during the American Revolutionary War and those that followed.
    To echo of Hill, anytime I’m in a firefight I always tell the guys around me that if the enemy charges, or if they see an officer alone to target him first. Works most of the time.

To the original topic at hand I’ve seen most of the rambos in small skirmishes, and occasionally when we have 50+ players I’ve seen a few rambos from some of the units on both sides. Personally if there are a good amount of people on, I’d hope that people attached to regiments wouldn’t go around Ramboing, but instead helping the new players understand the game, and the idea of the game. If we want the game to grow, and keep new players interested it’s very important for those of us attached to regiments to play the game how it was meant to be played.

There are several benefits to this as well. It shows new players which regiments and companies are mature and leaders on the battlefield, but it also shows them that there is organization, and tactics in this game.

1st Lt. Zachariah Walsh
    3rd NC Co. A

USA Major

I have to say I'm in agreement on a few of these points. I'm all for historical accuracy, particularly for this time period but I have been shot by officers in blue coats more times than I can count. Just the other day I was in line on the Dunker Church map and on the hill. I was in-formation and firing. I looked to my left and saw a seemingly friendly officer more or less standing next to the guy to my left. He was there for a good 10 seconds before anything happened. And then he took out that soldier then myself, and probably a few more guys before I could even react. I believe he was actually standing in line with us until the right opportunity came to ice us. Not cool.

The part that stands out to me here is it seems to me that he was trying to blend in with us as long as possible, then started firing when the time was right for him. I'm pretty sure this never occurred in the Maryland campaign back in 1862. Of course there will always be those individuals that stretch the rules and take things a step too far. Unfortunately we have to have more rules in place for these individuals that can have repercussions overall for everyone else. If it were up to me I'd do away with the blue coats on Confederate officers for the sake of the game. It would be a very small sacrifice to historical accuracy IMO.

Also I do agree that something needs to be done about rambo charging officers. They can literally alter the tide of a map with one rush in and with the 4-6 casualties they can inflict in a short period of time at the loss of only themselves. This can lead to the capture point changing hands and I don't think that's good for this game moving forward. Historically and again, I've seen/heard of no accounts of a sole officer rushing into a fray of soldiers and wildly firing his pistol to gain a foothold, or to seemingly commit suicide to take 3-4 guys with him. It just didn't happen.

CSA Major General

Some sidenotes on that story :

- If a blue walks the field alone -> CSA will probably shoot him, Union will probably not. (again this could of been a soldier wearing blue instead of an officer).
    - The officer would of been very succesfull on sneaking upon that line from the open without getting shot from either side. (forest and corn maps are very different)
    - We always stress that flanks should be checked (scouts, square formation) or covered by an NCO/Officer.
    - If a 'blue CSA' officer could blend in with the Union, a 'blue USA' officer could 'theoreticly' blend in within a CSA line.

The only thing CSA learned pretty fast at is checking uniforms (brown pants, brown hat, grey pants, ?), some even wear black hats/blue shirts or blue caps ...
    If there are 'new' players on we always tell them to watch fire and that 'blue' is not always an enemy, the CSA gets more teamkills concerning this issue.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.