25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep great addition

15 60.00%
  • Dont care either way

5 20.00%
  • Realism Breaker

5 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spec-Cam a great addition or realism breaker?

CSA Captain

Spec-Cam a great addition or realism breaker?

War of Rights pushes the following message:

"War of Rights is a multiplayer game set during the perilous days of the American Civil War, in the Maryland Campaign of September, 1862. Campfire Games is devoted to presenting the gruesome and glorious elements of the period, while maintaining the highest level of historical accuracy and realism as is possible "

...but can you have the above whilst allowing a select few a top down view of the dynamic battlefield? Its more 21st Century, rather than 19th Century!

We are told its a standard addition in FPS but WoRs isn't any other FPS (or so I thought)...

*At the very least give us tools to lock this exploitable feature down!
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 01-02-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

I think it's a great addition (surprise). It's a feature much looked forward to by lots of community members.

I don't follow your argument as it feels like cherry picking specific things and compare them to the 19th century. I could also state that we ought to get rid of all options (like rebindable keys or graphics options) as that certainly is more 21st century than 19th century.

Sometimes standard things are standard for a reason.

That being said, we've never said "this is it, the first and final version of the wor cam!". Naturally this feature will evolve as any other throughout the development of the game.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Well a solution for the 'stalemate' would be servers with the feature and servers without it.
    But that might just counter the Original purpose of the 'Wor-Cam' ?
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA Major

I love it, it's a standard in competitive fps for years over years now and why shouldn't a beauty like WoR have it? I would support a disable option for private servers, though.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    I love it, it's a standard in competitive fps for years over years now and why shouldn't a beauty like WoR have it? I would support a disable option for private servers, though.
    +1.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I don't follow your argument as it feels like cherry picking specific things and compare them to the 19th century. I could also state that we ought to get rid of all options (like rebindable keys or graphics options) as that certainly is more 21st century than 19th century.

- Trusty
    Well bindable keys and graphic options contribute and aid gameplay, spectator cams in no way contribute to gameplay.... as for comparing 21st Century with 19th. You decide which nods towards realism.

21st Century!

19th Century....

Sometimes standard things are standard for a reason.
    Standard being the accepted norm or level of quality. Standard can often mean AVERAGE!

What quality do you prefer, standard or superior?

.... I'm glad however you mention you are looking into this, as sometimes the average (standard) isn't enough.
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 01-02-2018 at 07:30 PM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

What about names over character heads then? or the chatbox? Surely they didn't have instant messaging in the 19th century.

Let's just agree to disagree on the matter (I doubt any of us will be able to convince the other).

Our wor cam is already quite advanced as far as spectating cameras go (it is built for capturing cinematic moments more so than just straight up spectating).

- Trusty

CSA Captain

I like it. And you can add options for the private servers later on.

CSA Major

ah the private servers the golden goose awaits always the answer private servers
    not to be an ass but that is just used to much what happens if we never get private servers then what

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    ah the private servers the golden goose awaits always the answer private servers
    not to be an ass but that is just used to much what happens if we never get private servers then what
    Then to be brutally honest; the game flounders and likely putters out. Private servers are key to helping nurcher a community like this.

People, like yourself Caldwell, need to stop complain and accept this is a feature that has LONG been spoken by the devs and something they made clear that they wished to add soon. They have also mentioned, though I'd be really have to dig deep to find the thread which had this on, a desire to have it for spectators only so people can see who is viewing the battlefield. This is clearly just a test phase for this feture which will likely get refined and limited in the future to prevent ghosting. There is also clearly a growing majority in favour of this cam.